Mariner 7 night Eastern or Voyager 5 night Bermuda?

My husband and I are booked on the Mariner (7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerary - balcony cabin) next May. We have never sailed a Voyager class ship - only the Monarch and Grandeur. This will be our first cruise since our son was born - we are leaving him home with Grandma - he will be 2 1/2 at the time.

After booking the Mariner, I noticed that Voyager will be doing a 5 day itinerary to Bermuda. We have never been to Bermuda. I started wondering if this might be a better itinerary for us - and it would be less time away from our little one.

I would be interested in hearing opinions/advice from parents who've left their toddlers at home while they were cruising - would you suggest a 5 day or 7 day itinerary? I'm starting to think 7 days away from him is a lot of time! But his Grandma takes care of him every day while we're at work - so they have a wonderful relationship and I know he'd be in good hands.

Also, what are opinions on Eastern Carib. vs. Bermuda itineraries? We've been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten before, the only new port would be Nassau if we stick with the Mariner. Bermuda would be completely new to us, although the Voyager 5 night only goes to Kings Wharf - which I know absolutely nothing about.

The price difference is only $142 cheaper for the Bermuda cruise - I think I'd get more for my money with a 7 night cruise.

As you can tell, I'm just very confused about what to do. I'd just like to hear from parents, and people who've been to both the Caribbean and Bermuda. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived