cave tubing timelines. How long does it take?

mrleo33

Can someone detail out how long it takes for each phase of the cave tubing tours?

How long on the bus to get there? Do you eat lunch before or afterwards?

How long does it take to walk to where you get in the river? How long are you actually tubing down the river.

Thanks!

There have been many many posts of peoples' reviews on the other "cavetubing" threads but here is your answer as far as my experience.

Of course this could be different depending on who you book your excursion with.... we went with cavetubing.com (Yhonny)

We met in the Centrum (Legend OTS) with 2 other couples at 7:30 am. Went straight to the tender area and got right on a tender. The tender ride to Belize City dock was about 20 minutes (give or take a few). We followed the instructions from Yhonny and found our guides right where they said they would be. The bus was right down the street as the parking is crowded and rather unorganized near the pier area. We were missing one other couple (maybe from another ship?) so we were taken on a 20 minute tour of Belize City which was interesting but glad I didnt have to pay extra for it. When we got back to the pier area the other couple got on the bus and we left.

The drive out of the city and through the countryside took about 50 minutes. The further out from the city you get the prettier Belize gets !!

Once at the site we walked a short distance and picked out our tubes and were given our life vests. Then we began our hike. There were 11 people in our group with 4 guides. The guides offered to carry all the womens tubes and vests. We walked for maybe 40 minutes (give or take a few) as we all voted to do two caves which involves a little more walking but well worth it. (This is not an option if doing the excursion through the ship) Once in the river we tubed for about 40 minutes ( some parts of the river the guide was paddling like crazy as there was no current).

After the tube we exited the river and walked back to the bus the same way we came. There are bathrooms to change (nice and clean) for the ride back. We stopped at Cheers for lunch ON THE WAY BACK. It was $ 5.00 and I think 2.00 for a cold beer. The lunch was really good and we were all starving.

any other questions..... just ask

Thank you for all your information. We have a tour with cavetubing.com in March and can't wait. We are use to "river" tubing here in AZ, but the Caves should be new and interesting!

Just one question, was the stop at cheers a group decision? or was that just where Yhonny took you guys? I love when local's decide because it usually ends up being delicious food... We were curious as to where to eat lunch, but if the tour stop there then problem solved!

Thanks again!

~K

With cavetubing.com EVERYTHING is by vote.....majority rules.

We all voted to stop for lunch as we were starving by the time we got back to the bus.

We did not have a choice - and even if we did we wouldnt know which places were good or not..... so they choose Cheers. It is a little place on the way back with open air seating and a small gift shop. They have a menu but everyone on our excursion went with the "special" and they called ahead with the number of meals so when we got there it was a very short wait for our food. Which was delicious. I believe lemonade comes with it but for 2.00 you can get a nice cold Beliken (Belize beer) which I enjoyed. The meal was 5.00 and well worth it.

Enjoy your tube with Yhonny !!!!

Archived