There's got to be more than tubbing and zip lining in Belize, no?

TeeBuccs

I am desperately seeking feedback on things to do in Belize. I am not thrilled aobut cave tubbing option and physically may not be up to the whole zip lining thing. What else can one do to get outside of the downtown pier area?

I have seen mentions of going to Caye Caulker and other places for peaceful beach and snorkeling. (maybe jet ski) - but not sure logicistcally how easy or difficult it may be to get to these places. (Don't want to miss the ship, etc...)

We are sailing on Valor in April and I would really appreciate any feedback some may have....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from Belize. We had a blast going on the ATV/Cave Safari. We got to ride 4 wheelers and then climbed 4 stairwells to the mountain and climbed into the cave. It is kinda snug going in but you stand up once inside--but if I could do it, anyone should be able too. It is about a 45 minute drive out of the city. Raymond our guide was great. We were served fruit and chips/salsa plus water while on the excursion. I believe it was about a 4 hour tour.

We just returned from Belize. We had a blast going on the ATV/Cave Safari. We got to ride 4 wheelers and then climbed 4 stairwells to the mountain and climbed into the cave. It is kinda snug going in but you stand up once inside--but if I could do it, anyone should be able too. It is about a 45 minute drive out of the city. Raymond our guide was great. We were served fruit and chips/salsa plus water while on the excursion. I believe it was about a 4 hour tour.

Who did you book that through?

I am also in the same situation as the OP, want to plan something as we are in port over 8 hrs. Yet seems logistically long & difficult? to get to Caye Caulker, which was our 1st choice. Is it? Am I wrong? Obviously don't want to miss the ship. I prefer to be on my time rather than the ships excursions, so I am confused of which way to go on this one. Seems in reading the posts, it may take just as long to go to the island by onself as it would through the ship?

There must be more! Any advice appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

See the post for "Captain Your Own Boat" under Belize. I posted our tour at that site. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great for all ages. One couple in our group was in their 70's. The tour was about 5 hours long, but still had time to shop. Our experience has been through our 8 cruises is that the tour groups are always mindful of any time restraints you may have with your ship. Of course, do your homework and check out the various posts for recommendations by previous cruisers. But most of all - enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived