STAR AA 9506 - got pics, impressions?

rabys

Went from an AE to AA today (upsell fairy) and would like to get some pictures and your impression if you stayed in one of these rooms. One question that I have is wrt the wind. As the ship is in open seas, clipping along @ 22+ mph, I would expect some wind, but would like to know if it was ever a problem for you. Sailing on 23 April 2007 to the Mexican Riviera out of LA. Any help would be appreciated.

Went from an AE to AA today (upsell fairy) and would like to get some pictures and your impression if you stayed in one of these rooms. One question that I have is wrt the wind. As the ship is in open seas, clipping along @ 22+ mph, I would expect some wind, but would like to know if it was ever a problem for you. Sailing on 23 April 2007 to the Mexican Riviera out of LA. Any help would be appreciated.

We had 9006(other side of ship) in Alaska last Aug. There is wind on the front balcony, doable if you like the wind in your face(we do) while zipping along. The side balcony was wonderful. No wind(even at 22 knots), has a table and 4 chairs and still room for a lounger. Wonderful view of the water and wake on the side of the ship. We had breakfast out there. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise and come back and tell us what you thought.

for fun--you will smell a difference with Pacific air vs Caribbean air. Pacific is more sweeter.:D

I have not stayed on the Star in a AA suite, but did it on the Jewel. The wind on the front deck is tolerable when at sea, but you do have a side deck that you can use at sea. The front deck is great for entering or leaving port. You will love it. One problem, once you have a AA suite it is hard to be satisfied with a lower cabin category :)

A BIG thanks to everyone who responded. I'm even more excited now. Pictures from the link provided were great, and I wasn't aware of the side deck. We've always had AE class before and could never go to a lower class, got spoiled. From the looks of this room, looks like I'll be hooked on the AA class in the future. Thanks again and I'll provide a detailed review upon my return the 2nd of May 2007.

68 days and counting!!!

• 5 months later...

Hello,

My husband and I are trying to decide on which AA we will like the best on the Star. It looks like the 10506 is the Picasso, the 9506 is the Renior, and then I see a Van Gogh. Dare i ask, is the other one Monet? And which one did you stay in? Is there a difference in size from the 9th deck to the 10th?

Any insight or photos would be great.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Hello,

My husband and I are trying to decide on which AA we will like the best on the Star. It looks like the 10506 is the Picasso, the 9506 is the Renior, and then I see a Van Gogh. Dare i ask, is the other one Monet? And which one did you stay in? Is there a difference in size from the 9th deck to the 10th?

Any insight or photos would be great.

Thanks,

Cynthia

From the diagrams, deck 10 the room is bigger than 9, but the front deck is smaller on 10 than 9. If you go to the top of this thread someone posted a link to pictures of 9506.

Archived