How early can you get off ship

famvacay

I am on the Caribean Princess and my family and I want to make the most of the ports, if the docking time is 7 AM, what is the earliest that you can actually be on land? We're trying to get a head start on potential crowds. Thanks!

You won't be able to get off until the ship is secured--you will be notified by announcement------Also, there will be a time estimate in the Patter the night before

Sometimes those with early excursions will leave first to meet their mode of transport. Also, there can be a situation when you will need Tender Tickets--those with suites etc. are allowed to go first if they wish.

Where are you going???? Planning any excursions????

Nancy:D

.....Sometimes those with early excursions will leave first to meet their mode of transport. Also, there can be a situation when you will need Tender Tickets--those with suites etc. are allowed to go first if they wish.

Those with early Princess excursions ALWAYS get off first. If you need something early, get it straightened out with your steward or purser’s desk the DAY BEFORE you need it.

By the way, first come first serve. They don’t care how much your ticket cost, you get in line with everybody else.

It depends if you are tendering or docking. If you're docked, usually the ship is cleared about 30 minutes after the ropes are secured, sometimes less. There are some formalities that have to be conducted between the ship's staff and local authorities. Once the announcement is made that people can go ashore, you can go any time. You don't have to wait for tour groups if you are docked, though there might be a bit of line at the security station where your cruise cards will be scanned.

Tendering is a different story, and it depends on the port how quickly you can get off if you aren't booked on a ship's tour. Tours have priority for tenders, but in some ports that isn't a major problem and others can often get on a tender early. There is a ticketing system for tenders, first come, first served, so allow a little extra time in your plans when tendering.

Thanks. In St. Thomas we are doing a day sail over to St John and I wanted to set this up to leave as early as possible. I have been to Trunk Bay before and it wasn't crowded and I want my parents (who we are crusing with) to have the same experience if possible.

Archived