HAL Zuiderdam - Bathrobes and/or Beach Bags

MP300SL

Only done two cruises on HAL, but everybody had bathrobes in their cabins, and everybody received their totebags, judging by the hundreds of bags I saw people carrying around. But, like jtl said in the post above, there have been reports of no totebags when HAL was either out of stock or changing vendors, and so bags were not provided on those cruises.

(Mostly I'm responding to help boost jtl's post out of the great white void of invisibility that seems so prevalent on CC these days:rolleyes: )

(Mostly I'm responding to help boost jtl's post out of the great white void of invisibility that seems so prevalent on CC these days:rolleyes: )

Thanks! I noticed a while back that you had appointed yourself as the "big fat zero" police! :D :D

I will be sailing on the Westerdam next month (eastern caribean) and would like some more info on the tote bags. Are therse suitable for taking to the beach? Do they hold 2 towels and maybe a little more room for lotion and stuff? If I don't have to pack a seperate bag for this, that would be great. Anyone recently off of the Westerdam that can tell me if they received bags or not?

We were on the Zuiderdam last week and there were robes in our room, and one canvas bag. The bag is not very big...maybe 18X12 or so. I am not sure two towels would fit, but if they did, you'd probably not have much room for anything else. We did see a lot of people with their canvas bags while we were in the various ports.

Thanx for the "department store bag" idea. It's the simple things that you don't think of. One more question on the bags. Are they really canvas? We were given 2 types of bags on Celebrity, one was a very roomy pleather bag on the last day, (never understood that), and the other was a shore bag that looked like canvas but basically fell apart when it got wet. :rolleyes: Seems like a good idea for a "shore bag"!

Archived