Indra's Roti House?

douglar

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Indra's Roti house on fort street near the Anglican church isn't necessarily easy to find since it is on the second floor but they play the music loud enough on the balcony that you can find it with your ears.

The place is good and cheap, but it seems the locals mostly get carryout, and with the music that loud I can't blame them. It was a shame because they do have a nice little balcony but conversation wasn't possible with the volume that loud so we ate inside. In hindsight maybe I should have just asked them to turn the music down. They would have probably obliged.

Many of the locals I talked to prefered the roti up the street at the star of india, but I wasn't diappointed by Indra's and didn't get a chance to compare the two.

If you are looking for an inexpensive alternative to the overpriced touristy restaurants, two people can eat well at Indra's for under $10 USD and still have enough change for a round of beers. The food is very good, authentic & unique. Consider carry out as an option though because it really isn't a table service kind of place, just a good food kind of place.

• 10 months later...
It is now option under new management. Visit *************************** and click on Forum and then Restaurant Reviews. You might have to scroll down to find it.

Liz,

Any news on Indra's Roti House? My DH is a huge roti lover and I would love to treat him to a childhood favorite food. We're going to be there in Feb and I'm hoping it's still open.

Thanks.

Archived