Noordam Cabin Concerns...help!

Mjjpower

My father is trying to book an Alaskan Cruise this summer on the Noordam. He will be booking for 5 families which is no small task. My question is this, are there any cabins (preferably verandah) that have extra berths, not just the pull out couch? We need one of our rooms to hold four people but the teen-agers (boy and a girl) need their own beds. I thought I had read somewhere that there a few of these on the Noordam and that the berth pulls out of the wall above the queen bed. Is this true? How do I find these?

THanks

Mary Jane

I'd like to help you, but just don't know enough to do so. There are all kinds of cabin configurations, including the one you described, but I wouldn't know which cabins have this configuration. Is your father working with a travel agent? A group this large needs the special care, attention, and expertise of someone who knows what they're doing (not implying that your father doesn't know, but sounds like he could use the help of an expert).

There's a very experienced and well-travelled poster here, her screen name is ekerr19. She has cruised on Noordam with her family, which includes a teen son and daughter. Hopefully she will see this post, and be able to help you.

Karin

Yes, the Noordam has balcony cabins that accommodate 4. We stayed in a category VF, cabin # 5053, and it had an upper berth plus the pull-out sofabed.

I wouldn't choose that particular cabin though, as the balcony was on the small side and odd shaped. Look for the symbol (square) on the deck plan. It will show you the cabins for 4.

Ginnie

Yes, he is working with someone from Holland America I believe. He has cruised a lot and has taken us all on two cruises prior to this one, but the family configurations have changed a bit since then (Grandkids get bigger etc). In the past our family cruises have been on Princess but the last one was really a dissappointment for a lot of reasons, so he decided to go with HAL as he has cruised them many times with good luck. I'm glad to hear that the configuration does exist though..really only one family needs that extra bed, the other kids don't mind sharing a bed with their siblings (they are still young).

I'd love to hear from someone who maybe has a picture of that room.

Thanks

Good morning, Mary Jane:

Yes, Ginnie (RSGS315) is correct; if you look at the Noordam's deck plans, you will see some cabins designated with a square, which indicates a quad, containing 2 lower beds, 1 sofa bed, and 1 upper berth. Here is a link to the Noordam deck plans from HAL's website. There are a few VB category cabins on Noordam's upper verandah deck which might be a possibility for you. You have to really peruse the deck plans to find the quad rooms, but they are there. If you can get several verandah cabins together, you can ask your room steward to open up the doors between your verandahs, and then your family group would have easy access between your cabins.

Sorry, no pictures, but here's another link to a web page devoted to Noordam info. Good luck to you and your family:)

Archived