Romance package ?

harveysalva

I think this was discussed a little while ago, though I don't think we ever heard back about it. I'm guessing that no, you can't switch with another restaurant, but I would suggest that you call your TA or NCL and try to find out.

I am also guessing they'll say no because the restaurants are priced differently, so they'd have to make adjustments somehow. But if you call and find out, post here and tell us! :)

Okay, I called my TA and she called NCL (she gets through so much quicker than I ever have). They said no, you cannot switch out the restaurants but it was not the first time they had been asked. So, maybe in the future the romance package will come with your choice of surcharge restaurants.

So that leads me to a question. Would you rather the romance package came with your choice of restaurants? If so, which one would you choose?

Shelly

I guess I'll have to go look at the menu again! I'm really a meat and taters kinda' girl, so all that fancy stuff worries me. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. You have convinced me to give it another look though:p .

Shelly

This is good to know. I had asked on the forum a few times, but never got an answer. We ended up not buying the package, but now I know not to bother anyway. We simply do not care for the Le Bistro menu and would have been happy to pay any difference in the upcharge for Cagneys or Teppanyaki. Oh well.

beachchick

• 1 month later...

Can anybody explain to me the specifics of the romance package. I know what the NCL website says but I'm wondering things like

When do we get the champagne?

When do we get the canapes? are they good?

what night do we eat out? don't want it to conflict with our Hawaii excursions etc.

I know this is a little late so hoping someone can answer my questions. I want to do it and seems well worth the money but would like to specify when we want everything it comes with. Thanks

On the Jewel over Christmas, the champagne was in our room when we boarded along with chocolate covered strawberries. You will receive a letter as to what night you will receive the canapes and you can call and change it for a different night if you want. I thought they were yummy! As for your dinner at Le Bistro, you make the reservation for the night you want to eat there and give the maitre 'd the letter when you get to the restaurant. Hope this helps.

Archived