Favor tag help needed!!!

dml1216

For our wedding favors, we are having chocolate cruise ship, in celophane bags, with a red ribbon and a tag attached. I plan on putting our names and date of the wedding on the tag, but wanted something catchy to add. I was looking for something nautical/cruise-like. Everything I come up with is so cheesy.

HELP! Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much for any ideas!

:)

Congratulations! There's a really cute ad in a bridal mag for a website called http://www.myweddinglabels.com they are heart shaped & have either red or pink edges (hard to tell the exact from the add). The ad is in the back of the Nov / Dec ad of Brides Magazine. There are a lot of ads back there for websites. You could also try a google search.

By the way, where did you get the chocolate cruise ship favors?? Please let me know! We got engaged on a ship last month & we both love chocolate!! Thanks, Angela

Congratulations! There's a really cute ad in a bridal mag for a website called http://www.myweddinglabels.com they are heart shaped & have either red or pink edges (hard to tell the exact from the add). The ad is in the back of the Nov / Dec ad of Brides Magazine. There are a lot of ads back there for websites. You could also try a google search.

By the way, where did you get the chocolate cruise ship favors?? Please let me know! We got engaged on a ship last month & we both love chocolate!! Thanks, Angela

I am also doing the chocolate cruise ship favors. I got mine from a local chocolate shop. They were much cheaper there than online.

I am also doing the chocolate cruise ship favors. I got mine from a local chocolate shop. They were much cheaper there than online.

For my wedding i did chocolate frogs as a favor and then found this frog shape and cut out it out in pink and had our name and wedding date on the tag. Everyone loved them. Good luck and cg on wedding.

Great idea for the chocolate frogs. That sounds really cute & personal. Have a fabulous time on your cruise!! I just realized you leave on Sunday!!

Our favors were nautical themed (cruise ship shaped luggage tags) so we chose the following saying for our tags (there is a picture of the tag itself in my Knot profile: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=kadiebug12 )

There are good ships

And there are wood ships,

the ships that sail the sea.

But the best ships

are friendships,

and may they always be.

A little cheesy but we liked it.

Our favors were nautical themed (cruise ship shaped luggage tags) so we chose the following saying for our tags (there is a picture of the tag itself in my Knot profile: http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=kadiebug12 )

There are good ships

But the best ships

are friendships,

and may they always be.

I really loved your programs in the pictures. Did you make these or have them made? I want to do programs as well, but not sure what to include. Would love a copy of the welcome letter too. You did a fab job

Audria

Audria-

We made the programs ourselves. We basically made them in 3 pieces all bought from Michaels (they sell lots of different weighted paper by the sheet by the scrapbooking stuff):

Piece 1: Outer cover, just a large square sheet folded in 1/2 (heavy weight card stock type)

Piece 2: The bulk, the pages we printed all the information on. Folded in 1/2 and trimmed around the edges to make them smaller than the cover.

Piece 3: The cover, we printed that on lower weight stock in a much smaller size and then just used glue to stick it to the front.

With Piece 3 stuck to the front of each Piect 1 we punched holes in in piece 1 and piece 2 and tied ribbons to bind them like a book. It was actually very easy to do and with two friends helping me we finished about 25 of them in under an hour. Everyone thought we had them done professionally.

I think I still have the Word document that I used if you want it. I might still have my welcome letter too (that was like 3 computers ago as my husband works in IT) but I can check.

Audria-

We made the programs ourselves. We basically made them in 3 pieces all bought from Michaels (they sell lots of different weighted paper by the sheet by the scrapbooking stuff):

Piece 1: Outer cover, just a large square sheet folded in 1/2 (heavy weight card stock type)

Piece 2: The bulk, the pages we printed all the information on. Folded in 1/2 and trimmed around the edges to make them smaller than the cover.

Piece 3: The cover, we printed that on lower weight stock in a much smaller size and then just used glue to stick it to the front.

With Piece 3 stuck to the front of each Piect 1 we punched holes in in piece 1 and piece 2 and tied ribbons to bind them like a book. It was actually very easy to do and with two friends helping me we finished about 25 of them in under an hour. Everyone thought we had them done professionally.

I think I still have the Word document that I used if you want it. I might still have my welcome letter too (that was like 3 computers ago as my husband works in IT) but I can check.

I would love copies of it if you have it, thank you for all of this info. You have no idea how much this helps me out. All the info helps a great deal.

Kadiebug,

I noticed your cake had red incorporated into it, did you sail with Carnival, the cruise I am taking out of Texas stated the cake would be all white? Also I noticed you had a D.J. Did he annouce the dances, like first dance, father and daughter dance, etc???

Thank you

Audria

Anyone that wants copies just email me via the link at the bottom of my webpage (the wedding one, scroll to the bottom right hand corner).

For the cake, we were married on Princess and we sent them a picture of that cake so they duplicated it exactly. We found the picture in a magazine. It was a custom cake and they charged 300 for it but it would have easily been a 500-700 dollar cake on land.

The DJ made all the announcements we requested. In fact, we sent our song list in ahead of time and he went out band BOUGHT the CD with our first dance song on it because they didn't have it in their collection. (Of course, we brought our own CD with the special dance songs on it just in case too but we didn't need it, they were prepared).

Anyone that wants copies just email me via the link at the bottom of my webpage (the wedding one, scroll to the bottom right hand corner).

For the cake, we were married on Princess and we sent them a picture of that cake so they duplicated it exactly. We found the picture in a magazine. It was a custom cake and they charged 300 for it but it would have easily been a 500-700 dollar cake on land.

The DJ made all the announcements we requested. In fact, we sent our song list in ahead of time and he went out band BOUGHT the CD with our first dance song on it because they didn't have it in their collection. (Of course, we brought our own CD with the special dance songs on it just in case too but we didn't need it, they were prepared).

Sorry to keep bothering you but who did you send the list of songs too? All I have is the carnival address? Did they give you direct line where you could contact D.J. I just sent in paper to request a d.j havent heard anything yet. Thank you for your time

We provided the song list to our The Wedding Experience Coordinator. I'm not sure if it is the same company that coordinates Carnival's weddings, but I would think you have an assigned coordinator to do the planning.

They emailed the list to the DJ onboard and then we confirmed with our onboard coordinator upon boarding that they had, indeed, received the song list.

Hope that helps.

Kadie

kadiebug12...Your pictures are exquisite! Hope they do as good a job on the Fascination when my DD gets married in June! You gave me such a great idea for our "spa" day, the invitations were so cute! We live near "Living Waters" and will be taking our wedding party there also!

Did you make them your self? Did you get everything at Michaels?

We just get finished making all the inviations,etc. :D

Trudy

I bought the paper for the spa day invitations at this invitation store down in South Miami (down the 826 there is an "art district"). They were print them yourself so then I just put them in the printer! They came with the ribbon. They were under 1.00 a piece and they turned out really nicely.

You'll love Living Waters. They did the best job for us. We brought a couple of bottles of champagne with us and they even gave us glasses and poured it for us while we were getting dolled up.

I bought the paper for the spa day invitations at this invitation store down in South Miami (down the 826 there is an "art district"). They were print them yourself so then I just put them in the printer! They came with the ribbon. They were under 1.00 a piece and they turned out really nicely.

You'll love Living Waters. They did the best job for us. We brought a couple of bottles of champagne with us and they even gave us glasses and poured it for us while we were getting dolled up.

Hi Kadie bug was wondering if you were able to find the word document for the programs and welcome letter?

Audria

Kadie - Your pics are incredible! Thank you so much for sharing and I LOVE the favor tag idea! Thank you so much! Congrats! Donna

There are good ships

But the best ships

are friendships,

and may they always be.

I played with the poem a bit -what do you think of this instead??

There are tin ships, wood ships, and cruise ships that sail the sea.

But, the best ships are friendships and relationships that are meant to be.

Thank you for sharing our special day.

Steve and Donna

March 18, 2007

Hi Kadie bug was wondering if you were able to find the word document for the programs and welcome letter?

Audria

Audria-

I'm so sorry I haven't had time yet to look. My work is going through a reorganization (a major one) and I've been away on business meetings. I will look this weekend and let you know (I believe you sent me an email).

Kadie

Audria-

I'm so sorry I haven't had time yet to look. My work is going through a reorganization (a major one) and I've been away on business meetings. I will look this weekend and let you know (I believe you sent me an email).

Kadie

Ok, thats fine! Thank you for taking time to help out!

Audria

Archived