Post dry dock Sun cruisers- How was entertainment?

coloradowahine

I haven't seen anything mentioned about entertainment on the few Sun threads started since it came out of dry dock. Did the shows stay the same? There was the Cirque Pan show that I had read about before. Is that still showing? Also is there a movie theatre on the Sun? I haven't seen it mentioned so I am thinking not.

Thanks in advance for info. Feel free to add other tidbits of info you feel like sharing.

we were on the for the 2/11 cruise...

the entertainment - JC Fisher, who was singing in a classical sorta way, wasn't that great. My husband couldn't take it & had to leave early - though he's not that cultured either :) The Cirque Pan show was still there & very good - especially considering how the ship was swaying that night. The magician/comedian Gary (can't remember last name) was entertaining... didn't see the spanish dancing show though I am sure it was great. The variety show the first night was a little long, but i enjoyed the songs from Cameron Macinstosh's musicals & was thrilled they sang more than one song from "Miss Saigon" (one of my fav musicals).

The dining was pretty good, though nothing jumped out at me as "all that". It wasn't bad, it just wasn't superior. didn't do Ginza, so dont know about that.

They did show movies on the stardust lounge, so they do have a screen in there (though i didn't see any of them).

I knew this going into the cruise, but i thought it was a big disappointment that there are no lounge chairs on the promenade deck. That is my fav place to chill. One this cruise, the seating area outside the great outdoors buffet was a great place to enjoy the atmosphere without the sun...

I had the same question and found the answer under the member review section for the sun, there is a cc professional review. The review states "there are complimentary sauna and steam rooms for both men and women", the whole review has quite a bit of info. Hope that helps.

I was on the Sun on the Jan 28th cruise. In your cabin, there was a list of movies showing on the TV. I think it was on the days that we were in port, that the movies were shown in Dazzles. It was usually an afternoon movie about 2 PM or so and it was one of the movies that you could see on TV. I don't remember alot of the names of the movies but some I remember were "RV" with Robin Williams and "16 Blocks" with Bruce Willis. If I remember correctly, most of the movies were in the theaters in the last year and a half.

Hope this helps a little.

Marlene

I forgot to mention...we saw all of the Jean Ann Ryhn shows, they are fabulous. Also say Chantz Powell, a 19 year old originally from New Orleans who has been in London for 4 years. He sings, tap dances and plays the trumpet. Wow, does he have a voice....singing Sammy Davis, Louis Armstrong and other great singers.

Also saw the Hypnotist...had lots of laughs seeing the people doing stuff on stage.

If you have a chance, the first night there is a preview of the entertainment and you get a chance to see a little bit of the type of entertaiment on board.

Thanks for the replies. I can hardly wait to go.

I also think it is too bad they don't have lounge chairs on the promenade deck. On my last cruise that was my favorite place to go with a book and just to relax. I wonder why they don't have them? I seem to remember the Star having them when we went to Alaska a few years ago.

Archived