Anyone try the Dream On?

mountainmare

While searching through here I saw a link to funaruba.com and the sailboat Dream On. If we book another Caribbean cruise next year it will be the Maasdam and once again we will be in Aruba. We have done just about everything you can do there--this year we walked the town and went to the beach. The chance to snorkel a healthy reef sounds great. Anyone tried them yet?????

Last time (several years ago) we did the Jolly Pirates--loved it but the reefs are getting overused and are no longer healthy.

mountainmare- no matter who you go with, the undersea life in Aruba is in pretty sad shape. Dh and I have been diving there for about 12 years now and it only gets worse year after year. There are no real healthy reefs left on Aruba. My best advice, is to enjoy the beautiful beaches and leave the snorkeling for another one of your fanstastic southern Caribbean ports. Dh dove Curacao for the first time in December and were REALLY impressed with the health of the reef we dove.

arubalisa--I have playa porto mari planned for Curacao, this criuise has only four ports (after two very port intensive cruises DH wanted a relaxing itinerary) and I was hoping to see critters as much as possible. I have been really sad to see the decline in the reef system, I beleive that this should be a wake-up call to the world, sort of like an undersea canary!!!

You are absolutely right. There are too many people out there who do not understand how fragile coral is and are unaware what healthy coral should even look like. BTW, my favorites at Porto Mari were the Purple Barrel Sponges...WOW!!!

Archived