FLL Hotel?

OntarioGuys

Hi everyone,

We'll be on the 12/26/07 Emerald Princess cruise out of FLL. We're planning on spending Christmas down in Ft. Lauderdale before the cruise.

Any advice/recommendations/reviews of some of the gay hotels/resorts in FLL?

Thanks,

-OntarioGuys

I've stayed at the Worthington too -- and will again! It was nice and everyone there was great. Closeness to the beach was nice too.

Another option -- a bit more upscale (and more pricey) is Pineapple Point. It's probably the best in town ... it's tucked into a nice neighborhood but it's easy to get anywhere from there. The service and quality there can't be beat - but it is more expensive.

Another good option, if you're not looking for "gay all the way" is the Embassy Suites. THere's only one in town. I've stayed there a couple times, and will again. It's VERY convenient to the ship docks and is a nice place. And the weekend before a gay cruise is a VERY gay place to stay -- meet a lot of your fellow cruisers before the cruise. It's easy to get to/from. It's not close to the beach, but is a nice alternative if you are looking for something more mainstream. One note -- on cruise day, they offer a complimentary shuttle to the docks. I'll never do that again! It was way over crowded. I think the entire hotel was trying to get on the free shuttle. Do yourself a favor and call for a cab!

Friends have stayed at the Royal Palm and were very complimentary. It's pricey as well though. ANd before moving to South FLorida, I stayed at the Grand Resort when it had first opened. It was nice as well, but again, that's going back a number of years. Where ever you stay, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Christmas is a great time to be down here.

We have always stayed at Elysium. It's nice w/2 pools & the staff is extremely friendly, which makes us continue to go back. It's 2 blks from the beach, I believe & moderate priced. We have stayed at gay resorts where the staff (on-site owners) we so rude, they looked away when passing by you. We won't stay there again for that reason.

We stayed at Elysium over New Yrs, they had a catered cocktail party and brunch next day. A nice touch we thought.

event.png

The Royal Palms is the top of the line when it comes to Gay B & B's in Ft. Lauderdale. It is expensive but it has to be the nicest place I've stayed at while there.

The time you will be visiting will be high season for pricing so be prepared for sticker shock.

Archived