Anyone just rent waverunners at the beach??

Lake Erie Boaters

Hi we leave 3-25, one stop is Cayman, were interested in renting just jet skis for an hour or so and explore on our own, anyone ever done this and have any recommendations or any to avoid? Also, an all inclusive beach with food and drinks they can recommend? Bonus if they rent the jet-skis there :D ! Thank you all in advance for your help! Its our first cruise and we can't wait! :p

Lori

Red Sail Sports http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_index.html operates from Sea Grape Beach on Seven Mile Beach. They have wave runners for rent there. This beach is popular for cruise ship passengers. It is a great beach with food and facilities, but it's not all-inclusive. It's a free public beach where you only pay for food, chairs and toys. The wave runner rental restricts riding to the seven mile area, so you cannot explore all around GC.

Hi thank you so much, did you use them? We are torn between the sting ray waverunner excursion, but that seems like a short ride on them, it would be nice to just hang out at the beach at our leisure and then rent a jet ski! Any advice would be great! Also, what form of transportation di you use ane also one more is there a certain hotel you prefer, or is 7 mile one big place?:confused:

Thank you again, so to ask so many questions :o

Lori

I did not use the waverunners, because I have my own SeaDoo that I ride on local lakes, and I don't feel compelled to rent one. The advantage for you of renting one at the beach is being able to ride unconstrained (within the renters range) without a guide. The stingray waverunner excursion is follow the leader at his pace. Sea Grape Beach is about the midpoint of Seven Mile Beach. It is not associated with any particular hotel. There are some hotels and condos on the other side of the road nearby. It is an inexpensive taxi ride from the cruise tender docks.

Just a minor correction....If you do the jet ski tour to stingray city, then to rum point....yes you have two guides that come along, but if you know what your doing on the jet skis, your are basically on your own and at your own pace. The guides will follow along, but you can go way ahead of the pack if you want. They will just tell you to stop before you reach the stingrays. Also, if you are able to make the 9:00 tour, you will have several hours to lay out on the beach and use the hotel facilities after the tour.

Archived