It's my BIRTHDAY while cruising "SUN" 3-4-07...

avers007

:confused: It's my BIRTHDAY while cruising the "SUN" 3-4-07...:confused: help?

My friends and family have purchase both the CAPTIANs choice and REGULAR "BON VOYAGE" fruit and wine baskets. At least 3 different gifts, plus party room favors, chips + etc... :) :) :)

My QUESTION is ???: Do they just pile up all your fruit baskets w/wine on the first day. Or do they spread them out over the next couple of days? My birthday is really 3-7-07 how about then??

avers007

There's just something about sailing the ocean blue on your birthday that is great!!

I am sailing on a back to back Spirit cruise because it encompasses my birthday and my wife's birthday which are ten days apart. We're not ordering anything special for these days as we will be celebrating other ways as we are in port on both of the days.

Happy birthday to you and to us and to anyone else who sails the ocean blue on their birthday!!

Do the cruise people do anything special for someone's birthday? We'll be celebrating my husband's birthday and our 25th anniversary and the ta wrote it down on our paperwork.

Thanks.

Last May we were on the Dawn for my husband's birthday. Our travel agent must have mentioned it to NCL. We had dinner that night at Cagney's and the waiter presented him with a nice cake -- not just one piece but an entire cake. Sadly it was more than we could eat so we had to throw some away but it was a very very nice gesture and another postive note to an already wonderful vacation. :)

What nice friends and family you have!

To avoid a "pile up" you could always suggest to them that they coordinate their days.

They can request that one basket be delivered on the first day as a "bon voyage" and the another basket be delivered on your birthday. Or on any day that you like.

Enjoy!

:)

Our TA said that our cruise was for our anniversary, and shortly after we arrived, a little card appeared in our mailbox to give to our maitre'd on the night we were celebrating. So since our trip was in November and our anniversary was in August, we decided since we got married on the 17th, we'd celebrate on the 17th, so we booked Cagneys. We gave them the card, and they brought us a cake and sang us a beautiful anniversary song. Then they arranged for the cake to go to our room. Was really very special. I know it is a standard thing that they do, but it was really nice to have it happen to us!

As for everything arriving at the same time, I don't know what to suggest. Maybe have the room steward empty out the fridge so you can store some of it in there?

Enjoy your trip, and happy birthday!

Elaine

Archived