Must Do/See For Short Trip to Cancun?

Hawaii22202

I personally think a trip to Cancun is incomplete with out a visit to the Ruins. Of those easily accessible from Cancun's Hotel Zone, this is my order of preference for the ones I've been to: Chichen Itza, Coba, Tulum, El Rey (for those with no time, it give just a tiny taste of the ruins right in the hotel zone). We usually recommend a half day semi-private tour through our resort to Chichen Itza rather than the all day tour bus adventure. Depending on what time of year you go though, the jungle can be exceptionally steamy.

If you want to try snorkeling, maybe a day trip to Isla Mujeres and snorkeling at El Garrafon (or the hotel next door to it for only $4). IM is small island, ruggendly beautiful coastlines in spots, and a shopping area that's got just about any thing a tourist could want.

Isla Contoy is another option if you want something a bit more nature oriented.

Xcaret & Xhel-ha both make for a great day. My personal preference is Xcaret. They both are discussed a lot on the cozumel forum, and have pretty good websites to give you an idea of what each offers.

There's a Tulum/Xel-Ha tour that would combine both seeing the ruins and snorkeling, but I felt too rushed on it so I don't usually recommend it.

Window Shoping & Browsing are one of our favorite pasttimes, but mostly we just like to be on the beach enjoying the beautiful caribbean sea.

Hi BSQ,

Thanks so much for your help! My husband did mention that he wanted to check out the ruins. We are staying at the NH Krystal. Do you know if that is in the hotel zone? You said your fisrt choice is Chichen Itza. Do you know how far away that is? I will try and find a 1/2 day tour there.

I'm looking forwarding to reading more information on Xcaret & Xhel-ha. Are they far away from Cancun?

Thanks again, its much appreciated!

Archived