Liberty 6 day.. Question about Grand Cayman

funnthesun

We are booked on Liberty for the May 20th cruise. From the reviews I have been reading, there are seven ships there on Wednesdays. We have been there twice and each time there were four ships. The C.D. said that was a busy day in G.C. I was wondering if anybody has been there latley on a Wednesday and how crouded is it?

We did that cruise last year. There were only 4 others and even then, it was VERY crowded.

There's no way around it anymore. With the # of ships cruising now, every port is just jammed with ships/passengers.

It's just one of the many things that I don't enjoy about cruising anymore.

7 mile beach will be jammed also. We took a cab to Sea Grape beach, which is a little further down 7 mile beach. Not a popular spot for tourists and further down from the public beach area.

It was MUCH less crowded and there's a restaurant, water sports and restrooms.

All in all, I still LOVE Grand Cayman. I like not feeling "afraid" to venture out and the islanders are so friendly.

Hope this helps.

We are booked on Liberty for the May 20th cruise. From the reviews I have been reading, there are seven ships there on Wednesdays. We have been there twice and each time there were four ships. The C.D. said that was a busy day in G.C. I was wondering if anybody has been there latley on a Wednesday and how crouded is it?

The number of ships in port on any given day of the week varies from week to week and with time of the year. Some weeks there may be 7 (or more) ships in port on Wednesday, but the week you are travelling is scheduled for only 4 in port (including the Liberty).

With four ships in port, the waterfront and downtown George Town are very busy. When there are seven ships in port, island residents do their best to avoid downtown unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the info. The two times that we have been there we went to stingray city. We booked one through nativeway, and the other through Capt. Marvins. I am not sure what we are going to do this time. We are going to have our 18yr. old niece with us. So we may end up going back to stingray city. Just wondering what else there to do other than shopping. (not interested in going to the turtle farm) Thanks for the help.

We sailed the Carnival Liberty week of Feb 11, on the six day cruise...Yep, seven ships at least in port and it was bustling.....among the 7 were the Liberty with 3200 passengers and the Freedom of the Seas, the largest cruise ship afloat....7 Mega ships brought Mega people ashore...we figured a potential of about 14,000 .the downtown area was jammed, and traffic was generally very crowded downtown. The oddest thing was the long, long lines of people trying to reboard the Carnival Imagination and the Carnival Inspiration...We just walked through their lines and strolled onto the tender to return to the Liberty..But it was 87 degrees, sunny, the water is beautiful there, and it was a glorious day.....

the day we're in GC. Did you do any shopping in the stores? Were they totally packed? We'll be on the Liberty too. How much time would you allow to get back from the beach to the ship? We'll be at Sea Grape...

Just returned from the Feb. 25 sailing on the Liberty. Seven ships in port last Wednesday and very busy. We did a tour with Nativeway and it was wonderful and would recommend them highly. We were at Rum Point Beach very quiet and relaxing not busy at all and nice. Very long lines to get the tender back to ships. Nativeway had us back to the tender area about 3:15pm and waited about 25 min but some of the other ships lines were horrible.

Archived