Great excursion suggestion

Luey

Hello Everyone - Six of us will be traveling to the Grand Caymans next month on our cruise.

My father-in-law will be coming with us. He is 81 years old, gets around ok but a lot of walking would not be good. Also bring a teenager that is visually impaired so walking on uneven ground is difficult.

Does anyone have a great excursion suggestion for us? This will be our first time to GC.

Luey

luey, we really liked the Atlantis Submarine when we were in Grand Cayman. There is a short ladder-like stairway to enter the sub from the tender, but I saw several mobility-impaired folks negotiate it without problem--and there was plenty of help if needed. The sub goes down 100 feet, the views are fantastic, and the fish and turtles and stingrays were amazing to see! I probably wouldn't have taken this excursion without the recommendation of a friend who had been on it, as it just doesn't sound that great in the written description from the cruise line--but all the members of our group who were on it with me (and me, too!) just couldn't stop talking about how much we enjoyed it and all the things we saw!

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy your time in Grand Caymen. I wish I were going there again.....soon!

Thanks for the coupon information. I checked to see what the price is per person through RCI and it's about $100 or so. Whew!!

Is the Cayman Activity Guide available on line?

Thanks in advance

You can google "grand cayman activity guide" and it is usually the first one in the list. It is very helpful. Coupons galore. I suggest printing anything you might want or need before you go because they dont hand out the guides at the cruise pier... probably because ships do not actually port they tender to shore because of the reef and shallow waters.

Archived