NCL newbie questions...

indimini

Hi all! This is my first post re: NCL. We've sailed Disney once and have a second cruise booked, but plan on an Aug 08 Alaska cruise on the Pearl.

My questions have to do w/ booking. It seems like the 08 summer dates should be out in April. Coming from the DCL boards, people there are very concerned (obsessed? ;) ) with getting a reservation the moment cruise dates open up. Do I need to do that w/ NCL or do their cruises not sell out so quickly? Also, for experienced NCL cruisers, would you recommend making reservations myself directly with NCL or using a TA?

I've tried to find answers to these questions in earlier posts, but any new comments are greatly appreciated.

Hi all! This is my first post re: NCL. We've sailed Disney once and have a second cruise booked, but plan on an Aug 08 Alaska cruise on the Pearl.

My questions have to do w/ booking. It seems like the 08 summer dates should be out in April. Coming from the DCL boards, people there are very concerned (obsessed? ;) ) with getting a reservation the moment cruise dates open up. Do I need to do that w/ NCL or do their cruises not sell out so quickly? Also, for experienced NCL cruisers, would you recommend making reservations myself directly with NCL or using a TA?

I've tried to find answers to these questions in earlier posts, but any new comments are greatly appreciated.

Just my opinion.........The cruises don't sell out that quickly, but if your looking for a specific cabin you may need to jump on it rather quickly. On certain ships there are some AFT BA cabins that are highly desirable and go quickly. Being your first NCL cruise I would suggest using a good TA, so they can help you determine the best cabin/ship for your needs. After a few NCL cruises and reading these boards for years I do book directly with NCL now.

I booked through Expedia.com because they were offering onboard ship credits, but NCL could not give me the same deal and referred us back to Expedia to receive the $175 credit for the 2 rooms. $125 for the balcony room and $50 for the interior room.

Archived