jump on price for Rome

flaca

I am trying to figure out at what price from NY to Rome in July that I have to jump on and buy immediately. And what is average? What is way too high??? Any answers monitoring the price for this year july and am not sure...first time flying to Rome

why does the price seem to jump the later in aug? I was thinking of a longer post stay but if those price are any indication for next year.. it seems to be cheaper to fly back as soon as we return to port and book a longer pre cruise stay

If you are doing a rt NY to FCO then expect to be in the area of 650 - 800 US$ since I am assuming when you said NY you meant JFK. They have alot of flights by many airlines going in and out and the good deals are yet to come but if your not a risk taker, then jump on a price that you can handle financially.

PTC

I will be following this thread with interest. We are cruising from Rome in early July. We decided to go with cruise air, because the prices that I pulled up were almost $1500 RT from Atlanta. A bummer is that we won't know our flight schedules until a month before the cruise. Is this typical when you purchase your flights through the cruise line? Good luck on your search. The $800 RT fare posted by the previous poster sound excellent.

I expected 650 - 800 but been haven't found dates that break 1000 each. I didn't go cruise air because I do have alot of time till I need to book. I actually never book cruise air. It also seemed so much more.

Most of Italy goes on vacation in August. The cities tend to be hot, humid, uncomfortable and no one except tourists are there. The locals are all crammed on the beaches. So, I'm not surprised that mid-August airfares are cheaper than end of month fares when the countgry begins to revert to what passes for normal there.

Paul

Archived