Carnival Victory

pfitzpatrf

You can do a search of this forum and also check out the ship reviews for some great info. From what I have heard, the main beef that people have with this ship is the layout - apparently it can be hard to navigate, but most seem to agree that it is a beautiful ship with very little wear and tear. According to what we have read, it is supposed to have great nightlife including vegas shows, discos, lounges, a piano bar and adult comedy shows.

Just got off the Victory on 7/31. Enjoyed a five day cruise to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. It was our first cruise with Carnival and our second cruise overall, having sailed on the Disney Wonder previously. I thought the Victory was GREAT! Compared most favorably in all aspects with the Disney Wonder and at a lot less $$. Ship was beautifully maintained and the cabin (OV) was more spacious than I had imagined. Service on the ship was excellent - room stweards, waiters, assistant waiters. Food, both in terms of selection and quality was excellent as well. Entertainment - Las Vegas style stage shows (2) and magic show were all excellent.

Only difficulty was getting to the Pacific dining room. Though it is located on the 3rd and 4th decks you cannot access from all decks as it is in the aft (rear) of the ship and the galley that services both the Atlantic and Pacific dining rooms takes up the full width of the ship, thus there is no "through access" from the forward part of the ship. You have to walk to the aft part of the ship and then take the elevator to the 3rd or 4th level. Not difficult once you've done it once!

Overall, I was very, very pleased with the Victory and would not hesitate to book the ship again. Despite having 3350 people aboard (plus 1050 crew), it felt "congested" only at the time of debarkation. Getting on the ship was a breeze, taking less than an hour to go thorugh the whole process. Debarkation (self-assisted - you take your own luggage off) was not quite as smooth but was not too bad. We were off the ship by 9:30.

Despite my limited expereince with cruises, I would give the Victory a 9 on a scale of 1-10. No complaints whatsoever, nor did I hear any from any of the other passengers I spoke with.

I just got off the Victory last Monday and my cabin was on Empress deck cabin 7252.. it was about midship aft... there was no motion back there... My parents cabin was a deck below ours and they were 2 cabins from the front and the motion in there was terrible. I couldn't even stand to be in their cabin.

Archived