Any Priceline users??

C-foxatsea

I am planning on booking a Carnival cruise in August for myself and two children, and would be flying from Detroit to Miami. I was wondering if anyone has used Priceline to name their own ticket prics? How low will they actually go? I am just wondering if it is worth it, since you don't know what you are getting until it is paid for, so I would have to go the day before and pay for a hotel overnight. Wondering if I would actually save enough money doing it this way, instead of flying in on the day of and not paying for a hotel. Thanks for any advice!:)

If you purchase through priceline, follow up with the air carrier to assign seats. Priceline does not offer preassignment of seats and if you show up on the day of departure it may prove difficult to assign seats together.

p.s. Don't forget to reconfirm with the carrier.

I used priceline for airline tickets this year for our cruise. Usually I just purchase directly from the airline themselves. This year we are staying enough days pre and postcruise that I could give priceline a chance since they chose the times and the airlines. The airline is United and I saved over $300 per person going to California from the nearest airport. Layovers are 2 hours going and 1 hour on the return. Departure from home is early morning with a decent arrival and a late morning departure from California with a early evening arrival home. If I wasn't doing a 3 day pre and postcruise stay I wouldn't touch priceline for airfare.

Archived