Where in Hawaii to shop for pearls?

latterdayesther

Hello, everyone!

Can locals or veteran Hawaiian visitors offer any advice on good places to buy a string of pearls? (Don't know that it will happen, but want to be prepared, in case.) :D

We will be one day each on Maui, Oahu, Kauai, Kona, and Hilo. Thanks!

Esther

If you are in Honolulu go to Kimee's in Chinatown. I can't tell you the street but it is perpendicular to the beach and it is one of the largest stores there. It is on the street side of a large food court where there are many stands cooking their special food. Anyway, the store has many strings of different size pearls that range from $40 to $200 or more. My wife said she paid $100 for a string of 14mm which was a necklace. The pearls had good color and they would then knot each pearl on the string while u waited--whatever that means. I guess so they won't go all over in case the string breaks. They were very friendly in the store and it was fun to explore the area stores. We also purchased a lei which was very reasonably priced at a nearby store.

John L.

Archived