London Mariott points

My hubby and I are going on the transatlantic Navigator of Seas on Nov 5th. The hotels RCL quoted are outragious! We will probably use their air..but..hotels..hmm. We want to go in a couple of days early to see Herrods..etc..Which Marriott do we stay? How do we get ground trans to the ship? Help. I hate all this hanging over my head. I know it's not till Nov..but..I want to get it out of the way so I can concentrate on the "good" stuff. :) Thanks for any help. :)

We have done this twice and used Marriott Rewards points both times. The first time we went 6 days early and used our points to stay at the London Renaissance Chancery Court. In 2005, we went three days early and stayed at the Marriott Park Lane. Both were very nice and conveniently located but of the two we preferred the Renaissance. Since we were travelling with another couple the first time, we shared a car and driver for the trip from London to Harwich. On our second trip, we moved from the Marriott Park Lane to the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum for our final night in London. We had booked this hotel through Royal Caribbean in order to obtain their transfers from the hotel to the port. The price while high, was a little less outrageous, since it included the bus transfer to Harwich.

Marriott has a number of good properties in London, including the two that we stayed at as well as the Marriott County Hall which is close by the London Eye. Check out the Marriott website and see which of their properties is closest to the sights you most want to see. The Original London Sightseeing Tour is one of the hop on hop off buses and is a good way to get an overview of London that will allow you to locate the places that you want to visit. When we booked the bus tour online, the price was discounted and it included the river boat on the Thames.

Enjoy.

Thanks for all the information Bill since I was curious about hotels in London too. I just booked a 14 night Mediterrean Sea cruise on RCCL last night. It's on the new Indepence of the Sea.

fitnessmaniac......you're right about the priced being high if RCCL books something like that for you. You're also better off booking your airline too!!

I will be able to save each of us $500 per air ticket if I book it directly.

Good luck,

Archived