Private Beach in Costa Maya

sidneysails

There is a nice little resort to the right hand side of the pier, it's all fenced off (pier owner doesn't want people going there). Walk out of the port shopping area and find the hole in the fence. There is a thread on the Costa Maya board about it, look for the one with the most replies and views. Very interesting stuff going on there.

I just got back from Costa Maya and went to the private beach next to the port. It was great! I almost didn't find the intrance though. Go out of the port area and walk about a block. When you see a store on the left, look to the right (it is at an intersection of roads). There is a hole in the fence and there was a styrofoam cup stuck there too. You will be walking along a fence for quite a while, then just follow the path to the little resort. A bunch of crew members of a cruise line were doing some sort of team building activities the day I was there, so it wasn't as deserted as usual, but they stayed in the bar area and it was fun to watch them. There were about two other couples besides my family there that day.They do have a website -

http://www.costamaya-chacchi.com/index.html but it doesn't tell about the hole in the fence.

There is a huge thread pertaining to Chac-Chi, the resort right off the pier. No taxis will take you there as they fear the owner of the pier. It's privately owned by Joquin and he refused to sell it to the pier owner. Hence he (the pier owner) put up a fence and wall so people can't get to Joquins resort. People update the thread daily. Jus tdo a search for Chac-Chi and see what comes up.

The beach in the picture is about a 30 min drive. I don't know if you can take a taxi and get in free. The excursion included unlimited drinks. This was also the area where the dolphin excursions took place. We had two ship in port and the place was considerably empty. Hope this helps!

We just got back from Costa Maya---we did Maya Palms--a resort about 30 min from the pier----it has a great beach--fresh water pool --clean restrooms--an excellent chef and is generally a beautiful place-----what makes it special though is the staff---just wonderful---there is a long thread on the oard about Maya Palms---it all true--a great place--scuba and snorkel from the site

at the "peak" time there were 12 of us there---it is however for those loong for quiet relaxation--not a wild beach blast

Paul

Archived