How cold is it in the dining rooms?

SleepingUgly

We are sailing on the Galaxy in less than one week, and I need some opinions re: whether I will need a wrap to go with my sleeveless dresses at dinnertime. Is it really cold in the dining rooms, or would a wrap not be necessary?

Thanks!

Linda

and on some ships, both in the dining rooms and the public rooms, it can be more than a "little cold" In any rooms that large there are always areas that are warmer than others. but none of them are meant for comfort in a strapless or sleevless dress. Wish i had a dollar for every time some lady at our dining table asked her husband (or bf) to go back to the cabin for a sweater or shawl - some just never learn!:)

Well, that settles it then. I'll head to the mall on Friday night and check out the wraps.

Another question for the ladies (and men, if you care to jump in :D ) -- All of my formals are black sleeveless dresses, so I will be looking for a black wrap to go with those dresses. However, my informals and casuals are various colors. Can I still use the black wrap for those dresses, or should I buy a "spare" one for the less-formal dresses.

Linda

Another question for the ladies (and men, if you care to jump in :D ) -- All of my formals are black sleeveless dresses, so I will be looking for a black wrap to go with those dresses. However, my informals and casuals are various colors. Can I still use the black wrap for those dresses, or should I buy a "spare" one for the less-formal dresses.

Linda

Linda,

You will want a wrap on board, the temperatures to fluctuate and you can get cold. You can definitely get by with one wrap as long as it is not overly dressy. Though if they are on sale I would splurge on more than one, they take up no space to pack and they can really change the way an outfit looks and you will have more versatility with your outfits.

Well, that settles it then. I'll head to the mall on Friday night and check out the wraps.

Linda

The women's gift shop onboard, always have shawls in every color. Dressy and casual versions.

Karyn

Archived