Grand Cayman tours

Lurontravel

We just got back from Cayman and the HIGHLIGHT of our trip was our private boat tour to the stingray sandbar (along with coral garden and the reef) It was a 3 hour tour for the 16 of us with SOTO's

http://www.sotoscruises.com/

We ended up less per person than if we had gone on one of the "barges" you see out there! Randy and Kerri (the owners) are great and we had a 2 year old and our 85-83 year old grandparents. I have read about other companies and did a lot of reading on these boards and I am sure some of the others are great too....but for us SOTO's is a NO BRAINER!!!

E-mail Kerri and she can give you details

We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point Excursion through a private company called Nativeway and saved alot of money. It was beautiful. Our boat only had 6 people on it so it was kinda like a family get together. The guide was great and new us all by name by the end of the excursion. We started off at the reef were we snorkled for a couple of hours or so. While there our guide did a dive and brought up a Conch. He opened the shell and we had raw conch right there on the ship. It was sweet tasting. After that we went to swim with the Rays wich were about the size of a doormat. Again it was great because like I said our boat wasn't crowded at all and we all had plenty of time to feed the rays. While there he took our order for lunch and call ahead to Rum Point. When we got there our lunch was ready to eat. We ate and plaid on the beautiful beach for a while before the boat took us back to the other side of the island. I highly recomend Nativeway as an excursion option. However, I've heard there are several good companies that offer this excursion for cheaper than what the ships offer. If you are interested you can look at the web-site. I think it's www.nativeway.com. Hope this helps!

Archived