Just Back Magica...3/11/2007-3/18/2007

Italiana7

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I just got back from the Costa Magica. We had a wonderful time. I will give my review, and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me!!!

Embarkation: FAST! We arrived at Port Everglades at around 2:30, and we were on the boat by 3pm. It was wonderful. When we got out of our taxi, Costa employees were there to take our luggage. Our luggage arrived in front of our door abou 2 hours later.

Ship : BeautifuL! They kept it very well maintained.

Shore Excursions: I suggest you make them with the ship unless you are specific about time. Many of our friends booked their own excursions, and almost missed the ship a few times. We went on a booze cruise in Cozumel, which was amazing. And we went river tubing in Jamaica...it was beautifuL!!

Food: More than you could ask for. I am not a picky person, but I enjoyed every meal they had. The buffet got repetitive, but the food was always fresh. Pizza got tiring after a while.

Room: We had an inside cabin on deck 6. Perfect being that we were barely ever in the room. Caution: If you have 2nd seating dinner and like to take a pre-dinner nap, they have pre-dinner shows. You could hear everything in our room, being that our room was right above the theater. Luckily, I brought earplugs.

Dislikes: There were 800-900 high school students from Canada. Majority of them were complete party animals, and their chaparones paid no attention to them. Some got kicked off the boat, for throwing chairs off the deck, or other acts of stupidity. I became friends with a few of them, very nice kids when they weren't pumped with alcohol.

Overall: I would DEFINITELY travel Costa again. The price was great for all services that were offered.

Thanks for reading this! Ask questions!

I also forgot to mention the payment of the bill at the end of the week. During the week, you can choose to cancel your credit card, and pay your bill in cash. I chose to take that route, which was a big mistake. On Sunday morning, I waited in line for over 2 hours, waiting to pay my bill in cash. My suggestion, pay with credit card!

What are the top three or so thinigs you are so glad you did on the ship? We are leaving in a few weeks and can not wait and do not want to miss anything great? What was your favorite meal at dinner? What was the show not to be missed? Etc.....:D

I am sorry about your trip with the high school kids. I am glad they got kicked off that just maked prices go up!!:mad:

Thanks for the review Italiana, my wife and I will be on board on April 15th.

Quick question, there are no late show for the second seating?

If you have second seating is your show before dinner?...........I hope they will have shows after second seating or that would make for one boring evening.

There were a lot of activities on board that keep you busy. I really enjoyed the dance lessons, games, and BINGO! Everynight while you are at dinner, there is a Today program placed in your room which has a list of activities for the following day. Trust me, you will never be bored!

As for the shows, there were after dinner shows only on formal nights. On regular nights, when you have late seating, your showtime is at 7:15ish. On formal nights, the shows follow dinner, starting around 10:30-11ish. And once again, don't be concerned about being bored. There are so many activites that fill up your time. When the time comes around to start packing again, you are going to be like, "where did this week go?!"

Some examples of nightime activities other than the shows were Karioke, and 50s Night. Tons of fun!

About the shows, my boyfriend and I didn't to many. They were mostly before dinner when we liked to take our naps. However, we heard great things about them from the people at our dinner table. One show that we did go to was on our last day at sea. One was the cruise staff performance, and it was a lot of fun. Later that night, toga night, was the talent show. It was so much fun!

Thanks for the review Italiana, my wife and I will be on board on April 15th.

Quick question, there are no late show for the second seating?

If you have second seating is your show before dinner?...........I hope they will have shows after second seating or that would make for one boring evening.

Just back yesterday from the Magica. The today, will list all activities..will give a theatre time for 1st dinner sitting, and one for 2nd dinner setting....but time permitting you can attend either one. We often went to the opposite one. Also we sometimes did the buffet rather than the dining room. We attended every night except the Newly Wed and Roman talent night. They are well worth going to. They are also on tv many times afterwards...if you miss one.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I just got back from the Costa Magica. We had a wonderful time. I will give my review, and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me!!!

Embarkation: FAST! We arrived at Port Everglades at around 2:30, and we were on the boat by 3pm. It was wonderful. When we got out of our taxi, Costa employees were there to take our luggage. Our luggage arrived in front of our door abou 2 hours later.

Ship : BeautifuL! They kept it very well maintained.

Shore Excursions: I suggest you make them with the ship unless you are specific about time. Many of our friends booked their own excursions, and almost missed the ship a few times. We went on a booze cruise in Cozumel, which was amazing. And we went river tubing in Jamaica...it was beautifuL!!

Food: More than you could ask for. I am not a picky person, but I enjoyed every meal they had. The buffet got repetitive, but the food was always fresh. Pizza got tiring after a while.

Room: We had an inside cabin on deck 6. Perfect being that we were barely ever in the room. Caution: If you have 2nd seating dinner and like to take a pre-dinner nap, they have pre-dinner shows. You could hear everything in our room, being that our room was right above the theater. Luckily, I brought earplugs.

Dislikes: There were 800-900 high school students from Canada. Majority of them were complete party animals, and their chaparones paid no attention to them. Some got kicked off the boat, for throwing chairs off the deck, or other acts of stupidity. I became friends with a few of them, very nice kids when they weren't pumped with alcohol.

Overall: I would DEFINITELY travel Costa again. The price was great for all services that were offered.

Thanks for reading this! Ask questions!

Did they have shampoo in the rooms? Thanks

Archived