Pics of CCL wedding - Sensation 3/18/07

dml1216

Here are the pics I've promised. You can see the cake, the flowers, a lot of the room, the food display, etc. We didn't upgrade anything, we even brought on our own MP3 Player and speakers. It was truly perfect!

http://www.picturetrail.com/DonnaLupori

If anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them.

My e-mail address is dml1216@tampabay.rr.com

Hugs

Donna

Aww..look at you! It looks like you had a fantastic day! Thank you for sharing!

Where did you get your cake topper? I love it!

The cake topper was Carnival's standard cake top and they gave it to us to keep after the wedding.

THank you for all of the nice comments! It was a great day!

Congratulations Donna.....looks like you really had a great time and a great day! I have a few questions you night be able to help me with. My daughter is getting married on the Freedom in the Med this summer. How was the photography department? Do you know if they will sell the whole photo disk or just prints? How long was your reception? Did you have a reception with a meal as well? Any advice? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lori

Congratulations Donna.....looks like you really had a great time and a great day! I have a few questions you night be able to help me with. My daughter is getting married on the Freedom in the Med this summer. How was the photography department? Do you know if they will sell the whole photo disk or just prints? How long was your reception? Did you have a reception with a meal as well? Any advice? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Lori

We had priority boarding and were all on the ship by 11:30. It was a breeze. Everyone could go to their cabins, although they were not clean, they could go and drop things off, change clothes, etc. My 30 people wedding party all ate in the grill before the wedding and had drinks on the deck.

The reception was supposed to be an hour, but CCL let us stay for an additional half hour and let my non-cruising guests stay until 3:30. The ship left at 4. The reception included the cake, open bar, hot and cold appetizers, champange, and coffee. We got to keep the cake top, the flutes and it included the bouquet and a boutonniere. CCL also had champagne in our room and delivered the remaining wedding cake at one of the formal dinners. It was perfect. We didn't do a meal, because we had dinner at 6:15 in the dining room. In all honesty, it seemed like the reception lasted for 4 days. Everything was great.

For 30 people I think it ended up costing us about $1800 (not the cost of the cruise, of course) An incredible price, if you ask me. Oh, we didn't do any entertainment. We brought an MP3 Player and speakers - worked perfectly. It was all we needed.

Now, for the not to perfect. The photography! Here was our experience:

The first 11 pics (on picturetrail) were done by the photographer. The rest were done by my uncle. The first 4 were done outside of the reception room. All of the ones the photographer took at the reception are really out of focus. Look at ones of my family and then the one of everyone (all 30 of us), they are really fuzzy. I loved these 2 pics and wanted to give copies to everyone, but they didn’t look too good when we copied them. They took a zillion more pics and most of them were just terrible. I thought CCL was expensive on their pics, $2400 for them all, then the next package was around $2k, then it went down from there.

We spent $233 on ones from the wedding and another $50 that we had taken on the formal night. Another problem was the ones I really liked they only printed in 8x10’s and I wanted several others and would have bought them in 5x7’s, but they wouldn’t sell them to me any smaller, unless I bought the original 8x10 size too. The 8x10’s were $20 each and the 5x7’s were $7. Carnival had previously sent me a paper saying they would be $15. So, DH had to run down to the cabin to get it for the photographer. Once we had the paper he read it for what seemed like forever and then he had to get it copied and take it to a supervisor, who then called someone else. I swear; I felt like we were buying a car. It was the only frustrating thing about the entire wedding. Most of the ones we did buy are very good. We took them to Wal-Mart, had them scanned onto a disk and made some copies for our families for around $70.00. I was ok with spending $300, but that was about my limit. I would highly recommend getting someone in your family to take some pics for you. They were good about letting other people take pics. The photographer was really nice, but he didn’t speak much English, so that was frustrating too, as we couldn't get across what we were trying to do at the reception or when we were buying them.

This was a very minor thing and overall it was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hugs, Donna

Archived