Best time to arrive at the pier for the AOS sailing

I was wondering when is the best time to arrive at the pier for the Adventure of the Seas sailing out of San Juan. We will be arriving a day early so we have no problem with flight conflicts. (I do understand that if there is a problem with the previous sailing with disembarkment we may have to hang out for a while.)

My husband and I really enjoy spending the first day getting acquainted with the ship, relaxing and unpacking.

We are going on the AOS on 9/12. From everything I have read and discussed it sounds like arriving around 10:00-10:30 am is good. I have heard that some people were on the ship by 11:30 and in their rooms by Noon. Others were on by Noon in their rooms around 2:00pm. We are planning on getting their around 10:30 am and just hanging out. Like you we want to get there early and enjoy the ship. It is like having an extra day!!

Jodi...

I arrived at the cruise terminal around 10:45 a.m. They didn't open the doors until 11L30 pm....we checked in and then had to wait in those stinkin white chairs......never boarded until 1pm. This was because the ship was late to receive clearance from the previous sailing....passengers from the previous week were still getting off the ship at 12 noon.....they were walking right past us in the terminal. I think how early you can get on the ship depends on how quickly the passengers from the previous sailing are able to get off of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

Adventure Girl is correct, it all depends on how fast they clear the boat from the previous cruise.

I think arriving around 11 am is a good time, have heard the doors to the terminal open between 11 and 11:30. In March, we arrived right at 11 and there were already a handful of people inside. We were on the boat shortly after 12.

Mark

Archived