Good Bars in OSJ

brydie101

My husband and I are looking for some nightlife in Old San Juan. We will be arriving in San Juan on a tuesday at 3pm. I have a map of the vacinity and a few good walking suggestions from others members on this site. I would like to know if the name of the street for the best bars in town is called San Sebastian Street? Or are there any hot spots that I shouldnt miss? Thanks in Advance. Your Pal, Brydie

We stayed in old San Juan for 3 days/2 nights precruise....

The second night was Friday and we had planned to hit some salsa clubs.... we had taken lessons for months before the trip (my dh lost a bet ;) ).

anyway.... after much research we went to the Nuyorican but found they had jazz band that night (altho we were told they had salsa on Fri nites) so then we headed over to the Rhumba club..... we had a blast here. Unlike the Nuyorican - there was no cover. This is the club where Dirty Dancing - Havana Nights was filmed. Nothing special as far as the bldg etc. but they had an amazing 6 piece salsa band and all the locals were really showing everyone else how to do it !!!!! The drink prices were a tad high but they were also strong :p

Do a websearch.... or all the taxi drivers know where these places are....

mostly locals frequent them. Dh and I ARE NOT Senor Frogs kind of people...... and the only time I go into a Margaritaville is to use the facilities as they are always clean !!! I know there are a few more places right in old San Juan but we only had time for these two.

Archived