Princess Promo CD 2007 & Fleet questions

luvthis

Hi all,

DH & I just watched the 2007 Princess Promo CD that was offered on their website for free. Since we are leaving on our cruise in just a couple of weeks, it helped get us even more excited about our adventure to come.

It's been 10 years since we've cruised on Princess. This will be our 8th voyage with them. Our last 4 cruises have been on Celebrity. I didn't realize how different each class of Princess vessel was different. The largest ship we've sailed on was Celebrity's Infinity in 2001. The smallest ship was Cunard's Countess in 1980. Last year we were on the Mercury which is comparable in size to the Sun Princess that we are sailing on this time.

Hey, seasoned Princess Cruisers...what is the biggest advantage and biggest disadvantage between the 2800-3000 passenger Princess ships and the 1900 passenger ship we are about to sail on. I realize that the Sun is one of the older ships in the fleet, but that does not bother me.

I'm interested in knowing any tips or pointers from people who have sailed on the Sun or one of the other two sister ships to the Sun. You know, things that will make our vacation more stress free because we know how early to get somewhere or a hint to the best way of getting off the ship at ports (especially tender ports) and other general tidbits of information.

Are those big 3000 passenger ships really filled with many more bells & whistles and glamour?

Thanks!

--Jean

Hi There,

Ah the good old Cunard Countess my first real cruise ship and I think it was back in 1980 as well.

As to the Sun well spent two very nice weeks on her at Christmas I think she is a fine ship not brand new does not have some of the things a mega ship has but so what, expect good service good food etc, it will not be outstanding but the cost of your cruise will not have been as high as some other cruise lines, but you will get good value for your money.

The Sea Princess I did not like as much as the Sun, but every cruise is different if you get bad weather, the bloke from hell at your table etc, your view of the cruise will be different from a cruise with great weather and your new best friend etc.

As to the Grand class ships I like them more than the Sun class, I like the out door movie screen which gives one point to the Sea over the Sun.

I like the mini golf, I like getting a slice of pizza when I want, the Sun has a fine pizza light snack restraunt but it is a sit down indoor place.

If you go wanting a good holiday and understand that Princess does not control the weather and such like you will have a great cruise,

yours Shogun

When I watched the DVD promo I received from Princess I was able to figure out what ships had the outside theatre and the multiple extra choice restaurants. Like I said, we haven't been on any of the really big ships, although we were on the Celebrity Infinity on about her third week of sailing. It was a beautiful ship...new & fresh & outside elevators, etc.

Bob & I look for value and itinerary more than bells and whistles. If someone gave me the money to take a "bells & whistle" cruise, I would do it but since we have to save hard to travel, we enjoy what we can afford and are excited to be able to do it.

--Jean

Archived