Pride of Hawaii Spa features, details, etc.

N2Cruzin

Hello everyone, we are traveling on the POH in June and want to know what the spa has in store for us? Thanks in advance for any details you can provide, including spa pass fees, layout, etc.

Hello everyone, we are traveling on the POH in June and want to know what the spa has in store for us? Thanks in advance for any details you can provide, including spa pass fees, layout, etc.

I always do the spa thing - and I have to say that on POH... I was disappointed. The facilities are okay. Just okay... though it's hard to say "just okay" about a heated ceramic lounge chair that looks through a wall of windows on the bow of the ship...but aside from THAT...:D )

We did the following:

Pedicures (75.00 incl. tip)

Hot stone massage (150-ish incl. tip)

Massage & wrap combo ($250-ish incl tip)

Couples mud room thing (free - won at raffle)

Hydrotherapy - bath (free - won at raffle)

One of my most treasured "spa things" is the part where you get your robe and slippers, and spend some time lounging while you wait for your appt and to sort of come back to earth when you're done with your massage. This doesn't happen on POH.

You get down to business pretty quickly (sort of like a doctor's appt. in warmth and relaxation :( ). We were not offered a robe OR slippers, and our appointments were a little short of our 50min. times... I suppose some of your "massage" time is alloted to the sales pitch... not sure about that. None of us were encouraged to stay after our treatments.

Of course, after your treatment, you have the option of using the spa facilities... but I'll be honest... we didn't really *want* to. The atmosphere is rather cold and un hospitable. I was only mildly amused that the only water available for rehydrating came from little paper cups and a water fountain. :rolleyes:

We had our main massages around noon on the Kauai day when most folks were back on the ship - we expected the spa areas to be sort of busy. There was *one* woman lounging and that was IT. Weird, huh?

Now there is a spa pass program, and I don't remember how much it was - I want to say something like $90/week or some such thing... I wouldn't recommend it unless you're just really wanting to experience the sauna/whirlpool/plunge pool/heated lounger thing. If the spa were a nicer, more friendly facility, I'd have done it... but it's just not.

There are specials daily - check the Freestyle Daily to see what's on special, and prepare to be really flexible on times - not sure why that is.

There is a tour on the first day - I recommend you do that to see if it's something you want to do - don't take MY word for it, because everyone has a different idea of what spas should be like. Definitely sign up for the raffle at the tour, and then go back for the actual raffle on the first night. They give away quite a few free treatments, so it's worth it.

Wow...that was a lot. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask... I'm sure I left out something :rolleyes: .

Archived