Royal Family Suite on FOS (and LOS)

Has anyone stayed in the Royal Family Suite (RFS) on Freedom of the Seas? I have reservations for the RFS on Liberty of the Seas this summer. Comments on the Suite and the experience would be appreciated. Looking at pictures, the view aft is obstructed by the curving form of the superstructure. How is the view and do you get good sunlight on the balcony (sunbathing)? Has anyone used the living room sofa as a bed? Approximate size (Queen)? Does it make a good bed? Are there stairs nearby, or do do you have to walk forward to the elevators to get to stairs? Anything you would bring / do again if you stayed in the RFC? Thanks!

How many people in your group for your RFS booking? Called to inquire about a party of 4 and paying for the 5th and was rudely told "used to, but not anymore" . We asked to be waitlisted as a 4 party group and was told "no problem"....

What's the big diff to RCI if we want to pay for an "invisible" 5th person. Seems like LESS work for the crew and RCI still gets their $ !! Sure, we can book other suites with 4 people but we're ALL sleeping in the same room.

What a crock RCI!

Anyway WP72, I hope the suite (and cruise itself) is everything you're hoping for :-)

Booked the RFS with 5, which has expanded to 6 (son's girlfriend), so did not have a problem with the RFS "minimum" of 5. I hope the wait listing works and you get the suite. Will report back after the cruise on what it was like.

Has anyone stayed in the Royal Family Suite (RFS) on Freedom of the Seas? I have reservations for the RFS on Liberty of the Seas this summer. Comments on the Suite and the experience would be appreciated. Looking at pictures, the view aft is obstructed by the curving form of the superstructure. How is the view and do you get good sunlight on the balcony (sunbathing)? Has anyone used the living room sofa as a bed? Approximate size (Queen)? Does it make a good bed? Are there stairs nearby, or do do you have to walk forward to the elevators to get to stairs? Anything you would bring / do again if you stayed in the RFC? Thanks!

We were in the RFS this past January on Freedom.

The view was great, even with the superstructure, and we did get good sunlight on the balcony.

The bed in the living room is not a queen size. It is not a real sofa bed; they move the cushions and sections around (it's a sectional-type sofa) and put sheets and bedding on. My two small daughters shared it and it was fine. I unfortunately have no pics of the bed opened up. I wouldn't plan on putting an adult out there, but small children, or even a smaller teen would work fine. The sofa bed is shorter than a normal sized bed, so someone taller would have their feet hanging off. It did seem to be comfortable, more so than a normal sofa bed. The regular bedding is VERY comfortable; the mattresses were great.

No stairs nearby, you will be walking...and walking...and walking.

If you've stayed in a Voyager-class RFS, it is somewhat different - it does not have the walk-in closet that the Voyager RFS has. And the master bedroom has more privacy than the Voyager RFS, and the 2nd bathroom is inside the doorway of the 2nd bedroom, instead of in the hall as with Voyager's RFS.

What would I bring - nothing specific I can thinki of for it being a RFS. an over-the-door shoe holder was useful.

Oh - at least on Freedom, we did get some soot on our balcony. Not enough to ruin the balcony, but enough that you want to be careful to put a towel down on the chair or at least check for soot before you sit down/lay down. And the balcony was huge!!!

For a family, it is a very nice room - we had the master bedroom suite, the teens had the 2nd bedroom (which is similar to an inside room) and the little girls had the couch. We all had space, but were together too.

If you are a group of friends traveling together, be aware that the master bedroom is MUCH nicer than the 2nd bedroom.

And you will walk. A lot. It takes a looong time to get back there.

I would stay in the RFS again though!!! And I love the aft.

Archived