Cabin Bar Set Up

japiscopo

We are sailing on the Voyager in 2 weeks. We received our docs and I just realized that a perference form for the bar set up was not included. Do we do this on the ship, our were we supposed to get a form before we board?

We just got off the Navigator (yesterday). There was a form in our cabin that asked which spirits we would prefer (2 bottles of above average or 1 bottle of premium). They were delievered into our room that first evening for turn-down.

I am sure that if you wanted the spirits prior to sail-away, they would probably be able to assist.

The refrigerator always has 2 tonics, 2 club soda, 2 bottles of water, 1 large bottle of water, 2 cokes, 2 diet cokes, 1 sprite & a "small" ice bucket.

The glasses in the suites are 2 highball and 2 shorts. If you enjoy a slightly larger drink, you may want to bring an insulated glass with you. Also, for mixers such as cranberry or orange, you have to request daily from room service or just go to one of the close lounges and they will provide you a glass of mixer at no charge.

We went all week and only signed for a beverage 3 times (that part was fantastic)

Mr Tiki

Thanks for the information about the set up. Another question: Can you request (on the form) more or less of the sodas and water? Is this a daily thing you would have to do through the cabin steward?

If you've registered with RSSC on-line, at the bottom of their form is a "Comments" section. I put my preference there with #1 and #2 choices. My #1 choice was waiting for me when I arrived.

As far as getting more or different sodas / mixers, just ask your stewardess - they'll replace it. The ony thing they usually don't replace is beer.

I asked for some Bloody Mary mix on the Gauguin and she brought 3 glasses of the liquid, with a bottle of Worchestershirshireshireshire :rolleyes: sauce, tabasco, and salt/pepper. I think, if I'd asked for celery, it would have been there, too :D !

As Phil (thulewx) mentioned there is a place on the bottom of your RSSC on-line form where you can add special requests. Many people have reported having this method work for them, although some have not had luck with this and have had to fill out the form they find in their cabin.

We had the same experience as Marna Lou on our one Radisson cruise to date. We just told our room stewards at the beginning of the cruise our preferred soda and water choices and they took away the ones we did not want and kept replacing the others.

They will bring you what ever you need. We wanted martini glasses which arrived within moments of the request as well as olives. The glasses were replace each day and new olives were provided as well. We had come well prepared with our shaker and vermouth spray but I'm positive that they would have provided us with those items if we had asked.

Enjoy!!!!!

Karen

You can ask your agent to include your bar preferences on every Seven Seas cruise . . . for example, for those who don't drink they can specify no alcohol or alcohol-free wine or beer (that would not be me). Or if you don't drink carbonated beverages, you specify no sparkling wines or waters or sodas -- only still. Or you can request your brand preference from their list of options, which is not online but which your agent can get for you. Do this when you first reserve (or when you get home if you've made an onboard reservation) or anytime before you leave (but ask what the time cutoff is for special requests, I don't know that) and then things will be set up when you arrive and the stewards won't have to rework. You can certainly do this online using the /gif -- but in my opinion that's a job that should be handled by the agent who's "making the big bucks" to handle your trip. To paraphrase another poster, if you're buying a luxury product, you should get luxury service from your agent. ;-) And if you ask for a setup that leads to a typical conclusion (Tanqueray, Bacardi, tonic, diet cola) you'll generally find the typical accompaniments (ice & lime) anticipated and provided.

We've always had our liquor preference posted with RSSC, but it's not always waiting in the stateroom. It's a simple matter to tell your stewardess, or butler what you want. Depending on how busy they are, it'll show up within a couple of hours max. If you are in a cat A penthouse or above the stateroom is set up with 4 bottles when you arrive; one Beefeaters gin, one Johnnie Walker red scotch, one Bacardi rum, and one Jack Daniels black bourbon.

Archived