What is the best beach in St. Thomas to take teenage boys to?

Janiekins

Hubby and I will be cruising to St. Thomas w/ our 2 teenage boys

(17 & 18). Which is the best beach for swimming, maybe some water sports, something to eat and drink (alcohol) for the parents?

Is it worth it to get over to St. John to go to the beach? If so, which beach? Thanks for your help.

progress.gif

If you only want swimming and water sports, go to Magen's bay. If you want snorkling, consider Coki or Sapphire. At Coki, they could walk to Coral world or across the rd to the marina where they can get waverunners. Waiters will stroll the beach here for food and drink orders. Snorkling is great, since it is right next to Coral World (they are practically on the same property)

However, what was once a beach known for locals, is now a big tourist area on a small beach. I was happy with it, my husband was not. Latest reports say it is lacking. From what I've been reading, I'm going to Sapphire - it has snorkling and watersports, but no facilities (??) so I'm reading.

St. John is gorgeous, but a very protected area. I don't think the kids would want to do all the time involved traveling (and you the $$) to not have water sports or a more vibrant beach atmosphere.

Archived