Ages of Kids+Cabins

Wadadli1

Hi, me again.

We've signed up for a trip on QM2 to the Caribbean next January and are taking the children. Their ages at the time will be

They will be in two separate cabins. We will have our own cabin. Does Cunard have that odd rule about below a certain age you have to have someone another age in the cabin, etc etc?

Hi, me again.

We've signed up for a trip on QM2 to the Caribbean next January and are taking the children. Their ages at the time will be

They will be in two separate cabins. We will have our own cabin. Does Cunard have that odd rule about below a certain age you have to have someone another age in the cabin, etc etc?

As the "other" person must (in the context of your party) be at least twenty years old, I cannot believe that you have to worry about any conceivable arrangement of children within those two cabins.

She's a British ship, and the British age of majority is eighteen.

Matthew

I have been researching this one too as I will have an 18 and 16 year old on a future QM2 cruise. It seems that it is fine as long as one person in the room is 18 or over...and all of yours are!

Based on my experience as a parent, referring to 23, 21, 20, and 18 year olds as "the children" is not the best way to earn "parent points" with them. Anyway, they won't be kids to Cunard, so don't worry.

We've discussed this one before.

(sort of) If there will be "adults" (Parents) in one cabin. Mom and one kid in one cabin, Dad and another kid together.

Then sleep where you want to.

I think the main deal (and this was partially rescinded and is by cruise line)

due to the number of drunken Spring Breakers falling overboard on one particular line, that you had to be over 25, be traveling with an adult relative, or if both parties were under 25, had to be married (to each other) and be able to produce a marriage license. That has been rolled back substantially. Travelling as a family unit(s) you should not have any problem.

Karie,

But I didn't look it up!

Thank you all. The TA (another reason they are suspect) who took our booking seemed to think that the QM2 might be under the same rule as those other ships. My first instinct was No. I am happy to know that my instinct was right. And we are all now good to go.

Paul, they don't mind if I call them "the children". They understand that's how I'll distinguish them someday from "the grandchildren". :) They're all so big and grown up I can hardly believe it. That would mean I am getting pretty old.

Paul, they don't mind if I call them "the children". They understand that's how I'll distinguish them someday from "the grandchildren". :)

Congratulations on rearing such mature children. And stay fit, you will have dynamite grandchildren to keep up with one of these days.

Paul

No, no, no! Wadadli!

It simply means you very very precocious. You started very young!

After all, I never had children and I am fifty-two.

And I am dead certain that I am not OLD enough to have CHILDREN, much les grandchildren!

It's all in the mindset.

I never had to switch gears to "must be a responsible adult now" so I didn't!

Karie,

MUCH too young to have had children!

Karie, me neither. But the older I get the easier it is to fake being adult. And maybe I'll get to "responsible adult" one of these days.

Paul

No, no, no! Wadadli!

It simply means you very very precocious. You started very young!

It's all in the mindset.

Karie,

MUCH too young to have had children!

I started young by today's current trends. A month shy of 24 when 23yr old was born.

This past year I stopped waiting to feel grown up and mature, because if it hasn't happened yet, I am pretty sure it's not going to. Never lose your child's heart, someone said.

Congratulations on rearing such mature children. And stay fit, you will have dynamite grandchildren to keep up with one of these days.

Paul

Groan! There are some people my age who have young children and I don't know how they do it. OTOH, perhaps that's why the electronics industry has grown so significantly the past decade or so. The parents only have the strength to turn the machines on.

Clause 5 of the Booking Conditions (http://www.cunard.co.uk/HTB/default.asp?LeftNav=HowToBook&Active=PackageContract), states that "All Guest who, at the time of departure, will be under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest aged 21 or over who will at all times during the holiday be responsible for their welfare, conduct and behaviour." So since your youngest is 18, you'll have no problem.

gpcolo, I think your 16 and 18 year olds will be OK in their own stateroom, but it might be worth checking. The wording suggests that although you'll have to be responsible for them, that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be in the same stateroom.

Archived