introducing myself

forgive my manners, I forgot to introduce myself.

Hi, My name is Melissa, and I am addicted to RCI Balconies! I experienced my FIRST bliss cruise October 06 aboard the Jewel [i believe captain Thor], and I have been on cloud nine ever since. I wish I learned about cruising earlier, but I am still young enough to make a life out of it [23]. My husband and I were biting at the bit to get back to sea, and we just finished planning our second cruise aboard the Mariner [as you have already read].

My husband stumbled across this wonderful site, and I have been addicted to it since! I am coming out of my Lurk mode and plan to learn more than everything there is to know about cruising. I am already thinking of where I want our next cruise to be. I am thinking we will include our 4 year old son and our 1 year old daughter. So if anyone has any great ports for young ones, please let me know! They have not cruised with us yet. We WILL be booking RCI and hopefully for 08 sometime!

I have introduced myself now, and I hope to get to know you all as well!

Happy Cruising,

Melissa

Hi, My name is Melissa, and I am addicted to RCI Balconies! I experienced my FIRST bliss cruise October 06 aboard the Jewel [i believe captain Thor], and I have been on cloud nine ever since. I wish I learned about cruising earlier, but I am still young enough to make a life out of it [23]. My husband and I were biting at the bit to get back to sea, and we just finished planning our second cruise aboard the Mariner [as you have already read].

My husband stumbled across this wonderful site, and I have been addicted to it since! I am coming out of my Lurk mode and plan to learn more than everything there is to know about cruising. I am already thinking of where I want our next cruise to be. I am thinking we will include our 4 year old son and our 1 year old daughter. So if anyone has any great ports for young ones, please let me know! They have not cruised with us yet. We WILL be booking RCI and hopefully for 08 sometime!

Happy Cruising,

Melissa

Welcome to the Cruise Critic boards Melissa!!! You find a wealth of information here....some good....some not so good. From what I hear you picked a very beautiful ship. At least I hope so because we are sailing on the Mariner Dec 16th. My first cruise was on the Carnival Liberty a couple of years ago. Like you I am hooked.....so hooked I am thinking about buying my own Cruise One franchise so I can sell cruises and give myself the hook up. :D As far as best ports for kids....well I've been to Grand Cayman, Nassua, and Costa Maya. Grand Cayman is probably the one you are most likely to port at on RCCL. The others seem to be used by Carnival more. I think Grand Cayman is a very family friendly port. Plenty of nice beaches close to the dock....shopping and such. Should you end up in Costa Maya you may want to be a little more careful. Nassua I didn't even bother to get off the ship. Well I hope you enjoy your cruise. Please keep in touch and let me know what you think of the Mariner. What suites are you in???:D

Happy Cruising,

Melissa

ooops...I missed that. You have already been on the Mariner...so lucky....

Balcony on the hump!

Oh you have learned well grasshopper. We were not that lucky. We have two Prominade rooms. I am going with two teenage girls that I have to chain to the bed at night...so I have to keep them close.:D Our next cruise will be adults only...then we will go all out!

Oh you have learned well grasshopper. We were not that lucky. We have two Prominade rooms. I am going with two teenage girls that I have to chain to the bed at night...so I have to keep them close.:D Our next cruise will be adults only...then we will go all out!

I stuck my sister, who will be joining us with her BF, in the PR room. We are going to celebrate my FIL's 50th. We are hoping to get enough bookings to get the free passanger! We have 5 rooms booked so far!

Hey Melissa, Saw you on Roll Call the other day. Glad to hear you will be on the cruise as well. What deck are you on? This is gonnna be the longest 164 days of my life. Must work on patience:p Will you plan on going to the meet and Mingle? TTFN

Blake

Hey Melissa, Saw you on Roll Call the other day. Glad to hear you will be on the cruise as well. What deck are you on? This is gonnna be the longest 164 days of my life. Must work on patience:p Will you plan on going to the meet and Mingle? TTFN

Blake

we will be on deck 8.....I think we will be going to the meet and mingle.

Archived