Caymen Time versus Miami Time

mom2girls

The Cayman Islands do not observe Daylight Savings Time. When the clocks spring forward in Miami, we don't adjust ours. This leads to a time difference for a part of the year.

In the summer months when most of the United States observes Daylight Savings Time, Miami is one hour ahead of Cayman. In summer, 9am in Miami = 8am in Cayman.

In the winter months when the United States observes Standard Time, 9am in Miami = 9am in Cayman.

Actually you have it backwards. If the tour is for 9 am Cayman time, that will be 10 am Miami time. As to whether the ship changes time, probably depends on which ship you are on. I'm going on the Mariner and my understanding is that they do not change time, so they stay on EDT and I will have the hour difference at all three ports.

Is the time listed in the itinerary Eastern Time or Island time? I'm guessing it is "Ship's" Time (Eastern). I'm on Carnival Liberty 8/26...GC on 8/29 and time is listed as 7-4......so that would be 6-3 GC Time???

Trying to see if I can do Nativeway's Rum Point Tour. They e-mailed me " It departs the cruise ship pier at 9:30 AM Central Time and completes at 2:45 PM Central Time. Your ship will adjust to local Cayman time, before it arrives in Cayman. So, ship time and local time will be the same, when you arrive."

I don't think they are correct about the ship adjusting time and I'm thinking that the timetable they gave me won't work.

Your thoughts on this please.

The time listed in the itinerary by the Carnival is ship time, BUT on the Valor we changed our ship time back an hour!

So it was exactly the same as Cayman when we were there. Hope this helps as it was an issue for us too, with all the different zones. But we DID set our clocks back on day 2 and ahead again the day before returning.

Archived