Underwater Housing/ Kodak Z740

Hello, does anyone have any other suggestions for the soft underwater housing besides EWA-Marine... maybe something a little cheaper. The EWA one I saw was like $239 or something and I'm looking for something a little cheaper. I have a kodak easyshare Z740, and unfortunately Kodak doesnt make a case. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?????? thanks.

http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#588X1098 This model is the one recommended for the Z740.

Not as robust as Ewa-Marine, but it will keep your camera dry to a claimed 15 ft. depth.

It doesn't have an optical glass port, but it's $45 and it will get let you get shots that you wouldn't get otherwise.

Dave

No I don't. I have a dedicated waterproof housing for my Canon SD800IS.

I have read about the Aquapac and the main caveat was to take care not to puncture it on coral or set it on harsh surfaces.

You may want to consider a water/splashproof camera just for watersports if they are a big part of your recreation. For under $350, the Olympus Stylus 725SW and 770SW are reasonable and both are waterproof and shockproof without any housing. The 770 god a good review as an all-around compact here: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/OS770SW/OS770SWA.HTM

I found that my "perfect camera" actually ended up to be three cameras...;)

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Dave

Archived