Zipline tour - Maui

pklopp

Hi - has anyone ever gone with Skyline EcoAdventures and done their zipline tour? They highly recommend going with the cruise ship tour (if offered), but I don't see it on Carnival's site. Just wondering how far this is from Lahaina or Kahului and if it is possible to get there somewhat easily - cost, transportation, etc.

Thanks.

Peggy

We just returned from our fantastic trip yesterday morning. We did the Zipline tour through the ship. This was the only 1 we did through the ship. From Kahului, it was about a 45 minute ride. It would be further from Lahaina.

We had 12 people in our group. There were 5 Ziplines total. The first few were just to get you used to how they work. All of us in the group agreed that the last of the 5 was what we were expecting from all of them. Everyone agreed it wasn't worth the money ($155 pp). If we could have done it for about 1/2 the price, and rented a car so we could enjoy more of Maui, it would have been more worth doing. It was our experience that it was more expensive to do things through the ship. We met others from our ship on the same excursions, and they paid double in some instances. In my opinion, that paid for our rental car. I would seriously recommend renting your own car on the islands. It isn't hard to get around, and you can explore what you would like between the excursions.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for the reply - finally!! Our preference is not doing excursions thru the cruise line, so we appreciate the info on renting a car and doing the zipline and some touring.

Peggy

683994578108_0_BG.jpg?a=1

Here is a picture taken from the longest, and highest zip. We had 2 others with us who were really scared of heights also. They both did just fine, and were glad they did it when it was over. I would say join you BF. It really isn't as high as you would think.

Archived