Running place help!

I am going to Nassau,Bahamas in May on Fascination and am also training for a San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon( June 3) so I definately don't want to miss that weekend's Long disatnce run. Does anyone know of a good path or trail or place to run in while I am there. I would love to get a little feel for the Island while doing this and someone must be running there, right? We are in port for 24 hours so figure I could get my run out of the way early Saturday morning when we first get to port to check out the area and then go back to the ship and shower and change to head out to do some shopping.

Thanks for all your help!

Amy

I am going to Nassau,Bahamas in May on Fascination and am also training for a San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon( June 3) so I definately don't want to miss that weekend's Long disatnce run. Does anyone know of a good path or trail or place to run in while I am there. I would love to get a little feel for the Island while doing this and someone must be running there, right? We are in port for 24 hours so figure I could get my run out of the way early Saturday morning when we first get to port to check out the area and then go back to the ship and shower and change to head out to do some shopping.

Amy

I dont have any experience with Nassau, but these links should help. Good luck on SD RnR,

Nassau

http://www.runtheplanet.com/runningroutes/city.asp?c=7083656

Caribbean

http://www.runtheplanet.com/runningroutes/continent.asp?c=NA

That site was great and I definately will be using one of there routes! And Thanks for the good luck! I want to do theFlying pig Marathon at some point but that weekend seems to be hard for some reason!

Have a great time!

Amy

• 2 weeks later...

Amy

Hi Amy, I can't give you any input on places to run in Nassau but I wanted to wish you good luck with the RNR Marathon. I ran that same one in 2003 and had a blast. I can relate to how you have to plan your life around training right now.

Thanks for the support! we just had a rough late winter up here in CT so my training has been up and down! As I get closer to the RNR I realize how much MORE I should be doing and start to freak about missing any days! I also think it would be great to run in Bahamas and add a little variety at this point in the trainin!

I have heard the RNR is great and was looking foreward to the after concert but the band/ group is going to be Seal and to be honset I kow NOthing of his! Oh well I will just have to find a good bar maybe and drink!

Have a great day !

Amy

That's cool that Seal will be performing. You will also enjoy all of the bands they have lined up at every mile. If you have a chance and are feeling up to it, you should visit Seaport Village. It's a nice place to relax and walk around with a bunch of shops. When I ran mine, it was cool and drizzly. That was perfect running weather. I know how important it is to get your miles in. When I was training for mine, I started having problems with my IT Band. The longest run I was able to make before the leg started to hurt was 12 miles. With help of a cortisone shot, I was able to run the first 5 miles before I started feeling the pain. At the 1/2 marathon mark, I was on pace to finish in about 4:15. Due to the pain, I finished at 5:04. The main thing is that I "FINISHED"! :D

USC Fan- If opnly I could finish with that time! In Dec 05 I did the Las Vedas Marathon( my very first) and di a blistering(HAHAHA) race of 7 hrs 50 min. I did Disneyland 1/2 last Sept and did faster at 3hrs 30 min. Still a far cry from good but I was never a runner and I am more the stop and go soccer running person. I am figureing this race with a 7 hour time limit I want to finish under 6 hrs 30 min. That would be great for me! I am also planning to do the San Antonio marathon in November and that has a time limit of 6 hours so I figure every race a little faster andfinished and that will be great!

I hear there is a Starbucks at Atlantis so I think I am going to run there get my coffee and then run back so I can get alot of sun! Thanks for the thoughts and I know I will have a blast with the bands every mile!

Amy

If you wouldn't mind, can you tell me your bib# when you have it so I can see your results on the RNR website? I really wish I could run another one. I recently found out about a procedure called Active Release Therapy. If that works on my IT Band, I will definitely run more. If not, I will just have to stick with mountain biking for my cardio.

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks for all well wishes- Usc Fan I am so sorry I didn't get back before the race. I did finish ( 7hrs 30 min) but still a finish!

I am actually going to do a Philadelphia Distance run in September and might be doing the San Antonio Full in november.

Have a great day and thanks again!

Amy

Hi Amy---Congrats on finishing the Marathon. I just got back from vacationing in Lake Tahoe and when I went white water rafting, I met a girl that ran the same race as you. She said that she really enjoyed it. Best of luck in Philadelphia.

Archived