Calica To Cancun???

queenofdasea

Has anyone done an excursion to Cancun while at the Cailca port?? I would like any info you can share. We are going with another married couple and I saw a Carnival excursion titled'Cancun City &Shopping" but couldn't see the pricing thru Carnival.Is it also available as a tour on our own thru guiddes when you get off the ship?

thanks in advance for all replies!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i did that excursion last january. it is 45-1 hour drive. they stop at the beach in cancun long enough for pictures then it is shopping time. they will ask if you want the tourist shopping area or real mexico shopping. we chose real mexico. big mistake. the area they drop you off at is a flea market type place. as you walk thru the front a gentleman is sitting in the front entrance with shots of tequilla .people beg you to shop at their store. the jewelery place we stoped at shut the doors behind us( not sure if was for our privacy or to talk us into buy something) then it is another 1 hour drive back to the ship. luckley we booked the excursion from the ship we got back 15 mins before the ship left. did not feel comfortable. we went there with 4 other couples not one of us said we would go back. you may enjoy it but we did not. hope this helped

rikki

• 2 weeks later...

Archived