how is this ship??

cruisekimmy

Hi..we have only sailed on Carnival cruise line and we LOVE Carnival..but my Father in Law and Mother in Law have been on an NCL before (there first cruise!)And LOVED it!!Now they are wanting to plain a cruise on the NCL sea!!I no its a older and smaller ship..but i just need some more info about the food..service..Pool..things for kids..ect..Thanks!!

father and mother in Law went on an Alaska cruise on may 11,2002!!On the NCL Sky..which is now the Pride of Aloha!!When they heard that news..they where soooo disappointed!!

I have been on the Sea last Dec., and like you said it is an older ship. It depends on what you are expecting on the ship. It seems dark and small to us, they do not have that pretty atrium that so many of the newer ships have. In the center of the ship, they just have a small two story fountain, and a couple of benches for seating. None of those nice easy chairs scattered all over for people watching. The shopping on board consists of one store and a liquor store. The buffet is small, the line is not set up very well, and the selections are quite limited. It is sometimes hard to find a table at the buffet. The rooms also seemed even smaller than we had on other ships. Would I sail her again? in a heartbeat. At the prices it is still a bargain. The entertainment was very good, and with one exception, the meals in the restaurant were good too. The day we boarded, our room wasn't made up till 10:00 P.M. and our luggage didn't get there till after that. Even the days after, our rooms weren't made up till either late in the A.M. or even early P.M. So What? We still enjoyed ourselves. For 65.00 dollars a day, it was still a bargain.

We were on the SEA about a month ago. The service was great in all areas - we had no problems with getting our rooms cleaned. We'd go to breakfast, come back and our rooms were clean. The food was great in the dining rooms, average at the buffet. True, the rooms were small (we actually had 4 people in our room) but none of us found it to be a problem. We were hardly ever in the room - usually just to sleep and change clothes, so the small room worked fine for us. The atmosphere of the ship was very nice, different than the bigger ships but I really enjoyed the ambiance. There are 2 pools on the same deck as the buffet, one is for kids. The bbq's by the pools are great! So is the band. We had a great cruise, and the ports were very good, especially Roatan. It was beautiful. Also, the kids I saw seemed to really enjoy the kids program. They were well supervised and seemed to always have a lot of things to keep them happy, crafts, movies, food, etc. I would go on the SEA again, definatly.

No, they didn't make up the room while we were sleeping, We didn't retire till after 10:00 P.M. It took me three phone calls to get them to come and make up the room. And the luggage was finally there when we got up in the morning. I have no idea what the problem was, but it all turned out alright. We had been on several of the newer and bigger ships, so for us this was a bit of a disappointment, but we had some friends with us, and they are now hooked on cruising.

Archived