Tips for me?

Leah725

I'm trying to lose around 15-20 lbs for a cruise that is in 3 months. I've lost a total of 15 so far and I need to lose more. I have a gym membership so if you go to the gym what do you recommend for toning my thighs and my waist areas.

Please give me tips on how to lose a lot of weight in a little bit of time

Thanks

:)

We've got a thread here (just scroll down a little on the Lose Before You Cruise thread list until you find it) for people who are cruising around the same time as you. There are already some great tips there. It's called, "slim down, tone up for 8-12 cruise" or something like that.

To lose weight as quickly as possible I recommend high-intensity cardio as often as you can stand it (and of course, watch your calories). Really push yourself to burn the maximum amount of calories in the shortest amount of time. (I'm doing 6 hours of cardio per week and have seen very fast results.)

As for toning thighs and waist: lunges and crunches are probably the best. Try out some of the leg weight machines at your gym. Maybe you could do a one-time meeting with a peronal trainer to show you which exercises are best for toning those particular areas.

Good luck, and I hope you come join us on the slim/tone thread! You should also join the weekly Thursday weigh-ins. (Sheila will probably have that thread up soon.) Knowing that I have to post my progress weekly here for all to see is great for keeping me motivated!

Congrats on the 15 you've dropped so far!

Oh, and I see this is your first post -- Welcome to CC! Prepare to become addicted! :) When is your cruise and which ship will you be on?

Ok so my reality hit me while at the store picking out my formal night dress ( an amazing sale!) This was a Saturday. I have been a size 14 but quickly find my self turning to mush. I was SO very upset to find the formal dress that fit was a zie 18! I know weird sizing- but when did my torso get those rolls and shape? Where again should your waist be? That Monday the local gym called to say I had won a free month! Was that fated! I signed up but took the plunge and hired a personal trainer to bust my butt! I figure that after my sessions for a few months 1. I'll feel a whle lot better 2 be at least more comfortable inmy own skin 3 be able to go into the gym myself and and feel comfortable with the equipment to continue a good workout program. After 2 weeks I feel like a new person. My dress for cruising feels sexier on and I am energizeer! Yes, it was expensive but finally I did something for myself, not my kids. "Health before wealth" . Gotta be strong and healthy just in case I do win that million someday!:p

Archived