Safety aboard?

mufi

On the last night of our recent Braemar cruise we returned to the cabin and noticed that the lifebelts were not in their usual place in the top of the wardrobe. It was only after a search that we found them stowed under the bed.

Obviously not good safety practice and could in an emergency be near fatal.

We went down to the reception desk and asked if this was normal practice on the last night of a cruise and the girl did not seem to know, and said that the ship safety officer would contact us in the morning. Of course he did not do this as we expected he would not.

Safety at sea, we are constantly told is of prime importance to the cruise operators, but there have been too many instances in recent times that suggest that what they say is very different from what they actually do.

It is down to us really, and I would urge all to check on safety for yourself while you are aboard on an Olsen cruise. It is too late to complain when you are at the bottom of the sea.

David.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anorak33

I can't say I have ever seen the lifejackets anywhere except the top shelf in the wardrobe, apart from when we ourselves took them to the lifeboat muster.

And I hope never to have to, nice to know they are there though.

I cannot think of any good reason why they would have been moved, maybe absent mindedness on the part of the overworked stewardess?

I know I put my suitcase under the bed on the first night of the cruise, then next day found she had taken it out so she could put the long daybed cushions under there.

Didn't make any difference to me so I just left it out, but you can get quite a big case under those beds.

Archived