Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Technically, you are not required to have a passoprt to cruise, as long as you are not flying to a foreign port to embark (or disembarking at a foreign port and need to fly back to the U.S.) The passport requirement for sea travel has been pushed back, yet again, to 2009.

Is a passport a good thing to have in case you're stranded and need to fly back to the U.S. (or have an emergency that requires you to fly home)? Sure. Is it required to sail out of Tampa? No.

While I'm sure you are correct in your interpretation, I would not travel without one now. As you stated, you technically can travel without one but if you get left in a port without one, good luck getting anywhere!

I was on the cruise with Jodie when two folks got left behind in Belize. There was some kind of "Women's Day" celebration and the demonstration shut down the ONLY street in and out of Belize City. We had almost 45 minutes to go about 10 miles and barely made it back to the pier on time!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of this cabin??? Ok, and another dumb question. In alot of other people's pictures I see this thing laying across the beds, can someone tell me what this is? It kind of reminds me of a garmet bag for clothes that you don't want to put in a suitecase and at first that is what I thought it was, till I started seeing it in everyone's pictures...ha ha :p

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of this cabin??? Ok, and another dumb question. In alot of other people's pictures I see this thing laying across the beds, can someone tell me what this is? It kind of reminds me of a garmet bag for clothes that you don't want to put in a suitecase and at first that is what I thought it was, till I started seeing it in everyone's pictures...ha ha :p

Not sure exactly what you are seeing, but the room steward puts down a heavy-duty plastic type of cloth to protect the bed when you throw your luggage on it.

Or, if you are referring to a strip of material that you see at the end of the bed... it's just decoration! :)

Also, most of the balconies all look the same... so the room I shared a pic on is probably the same as your room... just a different floor. HOWEVER, the Legend does have "extended" balconies. We had one last year, but I looked through my pics and couldn't find a picture of it. It is nicer than the regular balconies.

Jodie

Hi First, Yes, I think what you were seeing was the pad to protect the bedding from getting dirty from your luggage. We had 8169 with an extended balcony...was very nice. All the rooms in a particular category are identical for the most part. Here is a link that has tons of virtual shots (more than Carnival's site!) for all different cabins and places on the ship....hope it works for you!

Great ship and staff! Have a great time!!

http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.do?ITINERARY_ID=817|LE|||

Hi First, Yes, I think what you were seeing was the pad to protect the bedding from getting dirty from your luggage. We had 8169 with an extended balcony...was very nice. All the rooms in a particular category are identical for the most part. Here is a link that has tons of virtual shots (more than Carnival's site!) for all different cabins and places on the ship....hope it works for you!

Great ship and staff! Have a great time!!

http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.do?ITINERARY_ID=817|LE|||

Thank you very much for the link, that was a little more helpful. I looked at the one's on carnival, but these were better.

Maybe that is what I am seeing, the pad to protect the bedding.... I noticed in this virtual tour that there were 2 beds pushed together to make a king, is that how it is in all the rooms that request a king size bed?

Thank you very much for the link, that was a little more helpful. I looked at the one's on carnival, but these were better.

Maybe that is what I am seeing, the pad to protect the bedding.... I noticed in this virtual tour that there were 2 beds pushed together to make a king, is that how it is in all the rooms that request a king size bed?

Yes, I think that's the way all the cabins are, except for maybe a few. And we didn't request to have ours pushed together...they just did it. Maybe they do it if they see it's a couple in the room. The rooms are quite nice and roomy for a cruise ship. The extended balconies are a really nice size. The shower is a little small, but the vanity is large and has 3 shelves on each side.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have...I am usually lurking in the threads every day, as are others who are willing to help! And the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....;) :D

Yes, I think that's the way all the cabins are, except for maybe a few. And we didn't request to have ours pushed together...they just did it. Maybe they do it if they see it's a couple in the room. The rooms are quite nice and roomy for a cruise ship. The extended balconies are a really nice size. The shower is a little small, but the vanity is large and has 3 shelves on each side.

Please feel free to post any questions you may have...I am usually lurking in the threads every day, as are others who are willing to help! And the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....;) :D

Ok, so there is like that crease in the middle of the bed where the join together then? We spoon at night, so that might make it a little difficult huh!! Well, crap!

I'm glad to hear they are nice and roomy, I was affraid that being on a ship that they might not be!

So the shower is not big enough for two people then I am assuming? Well crap on that one too! lol

Should I take the over the door shoe holder for shoes and bathroom stuff like some people post or is there enough room for stuff?

Thanks so much for your help, you have been wonderful! :D

We are first timer, does anyone know what difference between Category 8F 8G or 8H. Is cabin 8201 good selection, does anyone have a picture of that cabin (8201)

Good question, all though I don't know the answer to that one, I asked for a picture of cabin 8182 which is where DH and I are staying and she gave me this link to the rooms: http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.do?ITINERARY_ID=817|LE|||

I heard the extended balcony cabins were roomy and very nice..... Hope that helps with one of your questions anyway! The DH and I are first time crusiers also! :D

Hey again Linny -

I thought of another question and you've probably answered it before. You are in a cabin right around the part of the ship where we will be and on the same deck (on the opp. side). Did you notice a lot of noise from the Lido deck above? I'm a little worried about that.

Hey again Linny -

I thought of another question and you've probably answered it before. You are in a cabin right around the part of the ship where we will be and on the same deck (on the opp. side). Did you notice a lot of noise from the Lido deck above? I'm a little worried about that.

I hear nothing and we were directly under the Lido.

Hey first! I wouldn't worry about spooning...we had no problems!;) We did have some issues on the Celebration but not on the Legend! Yes, the shower may be small for 2, but if 2 of you are getting in there, are you really looking for space?!?!?:p

Fritz, we were in 8169 and really had no issues with noise from the Lido. Once in a while we heard the chairs scraping if we were on the balcony, but really not a problem. Not sure what your cabin # is, but if you look at the deck plans, you should be able to see what you're really under.

Happy to help you all! I love this ship, this itinerary, and the staff!!!!:D And I won't be on it for another year and a half.......................................................

I just told another poster about this thread. I did not know how to add the link to my post on the thread so I am bumping this to the top for them.

Since your other poster may not read it when it was bumped up to the top (and then many, many other posters bump you down, you should copy & paste your URL from your address bar (hopefully you have this displayed in your browser to do this)... it should look like this... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=13907819&posted=1#post13907819

JL

Not sure exactly what you are seeing, but the room steward puts down a heavy-duty plastic type of cloth to protect the bed when you throw your luggage on it.

Or, if you are referring to a strip of material that you see at the end of the bed... it's just decoration! :)

Also, most of the balconies all look the same... so the room I shared a pic on is probably the same as your room... just a different floor. HOWEVER, the Legend does have "extended" balconies. We had one last year, but I looked through my pics and couldn't find a picture of it. It is nicer than the regular balconies.

Jodie

Hi,

I just booked a cruise on the Legend for 6/1. While my sons are booked in "steerage" (bottom interior) good old mom and dad got ourselves a balcony...!

Are all the balconies "extended?" We also took the 'guaranteed' rooms-to be assigned. For my sons, it can only get better (they only had rooms left on the lowermost floor to begin with), and i am just curious how we will fare. My travel agent said that they will probably assign my room within the next two weeks.....

Thanks,

Laurie

Hi,

I just booked a cruise on the Legend for 6/1. While my sons are booked in "steerage" (bottom interior) good old mom and dad got ourselves a balcony...!

Are all the balconies "extended?" We also took the 'guaranteed' rooms-to be assigned. For my sons, it can only get better (they only had rooms left on the lowermost floor to begin with), and i am just curious how we will fare. My travel agent said that they will probably assign my room within the next two weeks.....

Thanks,

Laurie

Hi Laurie!

My name is Kim and I'm from Ga. too. My family will be sailing on the Legend with you, and I have started a thread on the Roll Call boards also. Please join our little group...the more the merrier! There are already 4 families from around Ga. (you would be the 5th)! We are having a great time planning our excursions, answering questions, playing games and getting to know each other.

Anyway, to answer your question: No, not all Balconies are extended. I have booked 2 connecting Balcony cabins on the Empress Deck (Category 8D) close to the bow (front) - those are the standard type of balcony cabins. My sister & her DH have a (Category 11) Suite on the same deck that has an extended balcony...it's a little more mid-ship. If you booked a GTY, then you probably have a 50-50 chance of getting an extended balcony...it will just depend on what is available when they start assigning those cabins.

PS: How old are your sons? We are bringing our DS23 and DD16 with us. There are quite a few kids on our Roll Call. Hope to see you there......;)

Hi again guys -

We are booked in the Embassy Suites Westshore for the night before the cruise and then two nights after (we're taking the kids to Busch Gardens and such). I've read some fairly bad reviews on tripadvisor dot com, and now I'm worried we'll need to find another hotel. I really don't want to pay that much for a crappy hotel. We're somewhat limited as we are two adults and 5 kids. That hotel has very large suites that sleep up to 8, so it's very convenient for us.

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel, and if so, would you mind sharing? Thanks.

Hi Kim,

Saw your post on the Roll Call, just haven't made it down there yet to post!

This is our first balcony...our sons can come visit us if they want to, but we decided that we'd get good use of it....and splurged a bit.

My oldest will be 21-this is in part an early celebration of his bday in July...and my youngest son is 18, and this is his senior cruise. My oldest went on a senior cruise-6 of his friends, and 4 of the moms, myself included...we're all good friends, so we had a blast...

Really excited, but I do have to go into work and explain why I won't be there for post-planning!

It seems as if there are a LOT of people from GA on this cruise..when we took the kids on the senior cruise, my son was in shock-i ran into someone i used to work with. he was insane-and insisted that wherever we go, i run into someone i know. He may be right!

Are you keeping your daughter under lock and key?? LOL..what HS does she go to?

Hi again guys -

We are booked in the Embassy Suites Westshore for the night before the cruise and then two nights after (we're taking the kids to Busch Gardens and such). I've read some fairly bad reviews on tripadvisor dot com, and now I'm worried we'll need to find another hotel. I really don't want to pay that much for a crappy hotel. We're somewhat limited as we are two adults and 5 kids. That hotel has very large suites that sleep up to 8, so it's very convenient for us.

Does anyone have any experience with this hotel, and if so, would you mind sharing? Thanks.

Hi Christy, I didn't stay there, but here is a link to a huge thread on Tampa hotels that's in the North American homeports area of the threads.

I linked you to the end of the thread....you can try searching for Embassy once you're in it....good luck!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072&page=83

Hi Christy, I didn't stay there, but here is a link to a huge thread on Tampa hotels that's in the North American homeports area of the threads.

I linked you to the end of the thread....you can try searching for Embassy once you're in it....good luck!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072&page=83

Christy,

Hi,

Have you tried hotwire.com?

We traveled to Philadelphia recently-needed a hotel for a few days to take care of a family death. I went to hotwire, got a 4 star room for under 100 dollars.

You don't find out the hotel name until after you've booked, however, they do give you the star rating and a list of hotels that typically will be ones you will get. We've stayed in rooms that were nearly $300, but have paid less than

$99 as well.

At my age ('pushing 50' as my sons remind me daily) i have decided there are certain things i will NOT compromise on...

good luck!

Hi. We are making a thread for any questions related to the Legend.

We are leaving on Sunday so if there are any specific questions we'll be happy to try and get the answers next week. :)

Hi,

Just booked onto the Legend for 6/1...question:

Do they have a specialty restaurant as some of the other ships do? And, I do realize that it's usually a $30 pp fee--but once you pay that, is it unlimited entrees, as it is in the main dining room?

These FOOD questions, of course, are from my SONS, the Almighty Eating Machines.....!

thanks,

laurie

Hi,

Just booked onto the Legend for 6/1...question:

Do they have a specialty restaurant as some of the other ships do? And, I do realize that it's usually a $30 pp fee--but once you pay that, is it unlimited entrees, as it is in the main dining room?

These FOOD questions, of course, are from my SONS, the Almighty Eating Machines.....!

thanks,

laurie

Yes they sure do! We were going to eat there, but we found the food in the dining room to be so good, we didn't bother. The restaurant gets very good reviews, though, and they say to allow around 2 hours for your dining experience.

From almost everything I have read, you are beyond full when you leave (another reason we didn't do it...I hate that OVERfull feeling!). I'm not sure if it's unlimited, since it is and extra charge, but you rarely hear anyone say no to you

on a cruise. But I'm thinking that nobody leaves there hungry on what they give you anyway!

Hope you all have a blast! We did! And going again next year!!!:D