St. Lucia Jungle Tours Hike

Well, maybe some nice person who has hiked in St. Lucia will read this and give us some input. I've read that there are lots of waterfalls in St. Lucia. The waterfall we will be hiking to is called Canaries Waterfall. The town nearby shares the same name, Canaries. I don't think this is in the National Forrest per se', so I don't really know what to expect.

If we find someone to help us, what kind of stuff would you like to know?

I'm curious how strenuous it is. (I really am aiming for something moderate -- specifically NOT casual or leisurely, but I'm not an Olympic athlete either!) This is a 7 hour excursion, which is impressive IMHO, but the description doesn't seem to include 7 hours of things to do! So I'm wondering what else is part of it.

I can help a little with that question. Part of that 7 hours is travel time. We arrive at Castries, but I'm pretty sure we'll be hiking considerably south of Castries. I've looked at a map and it doesn't seem like it would be far, but I've read the roads aren't that great, plus they have a lot of switchbacks up in the hills, which probably makes for some slow going. The tour that I'm doing is also 7 hours, and it includes 1.5 hours of hiking, basically 45 minutes out and then back. When you add on time to stop and swim, lunch and travel, I think that's where the 7 hours comes into play.

• 1 month later...

Archived