? about the Norwegian Sun

TahoeBob

I have only been on two cruises to date, both have been on RCCI, Vision of the seas and the Monarch of the seas. I am looking at the Norwegian Sun this November, In an inside cabin. The Sun and the Vision are about the same size of ship. Can any tell me the pros and cons about the Sun and how the ship really is.

WE have no kids and I am 52 and my wife is 42, I really dont like to dress up for dinner, not big drinkers but we like to have fun on a cruise. We had a great time on both the vision and the monarch. Any help would be great.

We've sailed both ships twice. The Sun, as with most NCL ships, has several alternative dining rooms, and we like freestyle over traditional sailing. We do enjoy the Solarium Pool that RCCL puts on most of their ships and think that is one area that NCL could improve upon (especially on ships that sail to Alaska). But that shouldn't be a biggie for your cruise in Nov. (We really love the Solarium on the Radiance OTS :D )

We thought that entertainment was about the same on both ships. Same with food quality in the main dining rooms, BUT in the specialty dining rooms on the Sun we thought it was quite a bit better, and as I mentioned a lot more selection when the spec rooms are taken into account. Personally, we wouldn't have any problems sailing either ship again.

Hope this helps some.

-Monte

Archived