Spas in Prince Rupert?

We're going to Alaska in June/July, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a spa in Prince Rupert BC Canada. My husband has just announced that he wants a massage (after I've tried for 4 years to get him to go!), and would like to do a couples massage. I know we can do it on board, but because we're not doing any excursions in Prince Rupert I thought we could find a place close by. We're renting motor scooters and just winging it on our own for the day. BTW, I'm not planning on pulling up to the spa on a scooter! I checked Spa Finder, but it didn't locate anything in the area. If nothing else, we'll book on the ship I was just hoping for some romantic getaway in port.

Prince Rupert is ruggedly beautiful but not exactly the locale I would be looking for a spa. Why not explore the city and then return to ship for a wonderful massage before dinner.

I did find the name of this business in Prince Rupert but I know nothing about it. Sounds a bit risky.:o

Ancient Therapies

Address : 131 9th Street, Prince Rupert, BC V8J 3W5

Telephone : 250-627-6767

Category : Beauty Salons, Massages

Directory : Prince Rupert

Brief Description :

Professional Massage Services

We used to live on the coast just south of there, it was about a 2 hour drive by the time you drove inland a bit, then headed west again. Beautiful country, bring an umbrella! But man, when it isn't raining in Prince Rupert, you'll never want to leave!

The cruise ship area with the terminal and the touristy Cow Bay is very neat to wander around in. Absolutely CANNOT do any better than halibut and chips at Smiles Cafe, right by the terminal. Mmmm... Outside the cruise ship area though, the city is quite old and some areas are quite neglected, although I would imagine most places are like that. Usually a tame enough city to explore, although hubby had been called up/over as extra policing on more than one occasion.

There is a spa I believe in the major chain hotel. I want to say Delta or Coast? On the bottom floor. The hotel inside is supposed to be really nice and overlooking the ocean, hopefully the spa will too. We've had friends that would go there for the weekend every once in a while.

On scooter, you'll drive up the hill from the terminal/Cow Bay, and you'll come to a light. Go straight through it and you'll be on main street, or I think you can turn right and you'll drive straight past the hotel.

Have a good trip! I'm jealous, I'd like to go back but don't feel like driving the 18 hours to get there! I don't know how something just north west of here can take so long to get to!

I think because I live in an area where you can't sneeze without landing in a spa, I'm not used to being in areas without them (not that we visit often, but it's almost like seeing a McDonalds on every corner). We'll take a look at the onboard spa and see if it fits the bill, hopefully my husband will still want that massage by the time we cruise. I'll also call this place and see if they have a website I can look at.

Thank you!

Archived